What's new

Beta Version 3.0.0.4.374.4887

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Thanks for answer
going to dig when coming home, don't know my current fw atm.
what does "s" stand for in e3276 ??
Please point my in right direction for downloading fw didn't found it now.
Are there any operator- country- 3Gband- specific things to have in mind.

TIA & BR

edit: vpn worked.....:):)
Manufacturer: huawei
Model: E3276
Revision: 21.263.03.01.07
IMEI: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
+GCAP: +CGSM,+DS,+ES

^FHVER:"E3276s-150 21.263.03.01.07,CH1E3276SM Ver.C"

^SETPORT:A1,A2;10,12,16,A1,A2

I also tested on my Huawei E3276-150 and work OK. But i have my modem Huawei E3276 with change original firmware to firmware latest Huawei E3276s firmware 21.436.03.00.00

Last edited:
I have uploaded the firmware from another operator than the operator from whom I bought the modem. I have a E3276s-150

let's see how it works!!

thank's asus, thanks merlin! let's test this new firmware and see how it works!! will report back!

Ok. As I had nothing better to do, I did the upgrade. Some heavy stress tests: barely wireless signal and youtube; transfer close to 1gbps wired-wired while youtube-ing under bad wireless conditions. No reload. Though it has only 6h uptime so only time will tell.
But so far so good...

But they still haven't fixed the Sonos bug that causes Sonos zones to drop-off one by one after a while.......this was introduced 3 firmwares ago and the fix they list for this in the second firmware did NOT fix the problem! *sigh*

But they still haven't fixed the Sonos bug that causes Sonos zones to drop-off one by one after a while.......this was introduced 3 firmwares ago and the fix they list for this in the second firmware did NOT fix the problem! *sigh*

Seeing how Sonos devices keep having problems over the years, maybe it's time to consider that there might be an issue with the Sonos itself that they should address.

Seeing how Sonos devices keep having problems over the years, maybe it's time to consider that there might be an issue with the Sonos itself that they should address.

I had some strange experience with Sonos some times ago. At that time, a Cisco AP 3500i and an Asus router couldn't speak the exact language as Sonos. It was a dead end at that time...So the solution was to return it :(

I must admit I know little about what is "special" about Sonos devices that makes them have issues over the years with compatibility. But the Asus routers have always been fine with them for me, until the very same firmware came out that caused all the reboots. Something was introduced at the same time that has caused this, but I wouldn't even know where to begin to determine what.

Asus obviously knew something was up and they had a go at fixing it. I am going to experiment changing around which Sonos device is the one that has the wired connection (the rest are all wireless) and see if I can affect it in some way.

According to Asus the reboot issues should be resolved. It's still the same driver version, however a patch provided by Broadcom has been applied to the SDK to address that issue.

This is GREAT news - can't wait for the next Merlin build!!!

Sonos update for Merlin in case he has any ideas

I have cured my Sonos problem by directly connecting the "one" wired Sonos zone to the main RT-AC68U. Previously it was connected to a second media bridge AC68U.

My suspicion is that whatever fix was done for Sonos, two builds ago, was not correctly forwarded to the media bridge code and the bug remains on that side of the code base. Is there any way to find out what code changed and see if my theory may be correct?

Uptime of 20 hours so far with 4887 - when I applied one of the broken firmwares, had reboots within about 15 - 20 minutes of applying the firmware.

Working for 23 hours, i have connected 4 devices on the 5Ghz and 4 devices on the 2,4Ghz. I didn't had any restarts but i have lost the connection once on the 5Ghz bandwidth on all devices. There were no problems with the media server.

I'm on the newest beta firmware, and I haven't seen the rebooting issue. Typically I would have already seen it by now....

All is well thus far. SMB bug seems fixed, and all of my wireless connections are stable and fast. Too soon to celebrate, but I'm feeling really optimistic!

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!