What's new

Bought an ASUS RT-N66u

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

hyelton

So I bought me one Upgrading from my RT-56u only had it a month. But its was the most stable router I`ve had in awhile is the RT-N66u as stable as it?

What are your thoughts on this router?

Also How well does Tomato run? I haven't ran Tomato since my Netgear 3500L
Is Tomato as stable as the Stock firmware? The reason Why I want tomato is the Traffic Graphs and QOS. I will have about 25-30 devices connected at a time, and about 5 of them are constantly using bandwidth.

Or would something a little cheaper be better? Theres a ton of good reviews but theres also a few bad

Last edited:
Asus RT-N66U with ASUSwrt-Merlin http://forums.smallnetbuilder.com/showthread.php?t=7846

Best Router experience i ever had. Best stability and performance. DD-WRT is not stable enough. Tomato is not fast enough. Asuswrt-Merlin is fast, stable and gives you some additional stuff like OpenVPN/LED-control (+entware/optware etc.) I have never been so happy with any device before! :-D

Last edited: