What's new

A friend just bought an AXE 7800

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

jerry6

Very Senior Member
AXE 7800 and wanted me to drop by and set it up . I looked at the specs and told him to return it weak CPU low in memory . As I am no longer working or monitoring hardware , Im asking the group here for a decent replacement for him . As far as I know his needs are simple he has 2 smart tv's a few tablets and 2 or 3 laptops and desktops and 4 security cameras . He has a 1.5 / 940 line bell fiber .
So which Asus router would be the best fit for under $400.00 Canadian play money ?
Thank you

AXE 7800 and wanted me to drop by and set it up . I looked at the specs and told him to return it weak CPU low in memory . As I am no longer working or monitoring hardware , Im asking the group here for a decent replacement for him . As far as I know his needs are simple he has 2 smart tv's a few tablets and 2 or 3 laptops and desktops and 4 security cameras . He has a 1.5 / 940 line bell fiber .
So which Asus router would be the best fit for under $400.00 Canadian play money ?
Thank you
Asus AX88U Pro and AX86U Pro are the most recommended in the Asus part of SNB.

Asus AX88U Pro and AX86U Pro are the most recommended in the Asus part of SNB.
Thanks I will call and let him know to pick up one of the 2 , whichever is cheaper . I'll stick with Asus as it is the FW i am most familiar with , will make it easier to help him set up the system . Still don't get the AXE7800 , low specs on an expensive router , what is Asus thinking ?

It's a fine device - he likely will be happy with it.
not for $400.00 he sent it back and bought the AXE88 pro , saved $100.00 and got a better router with Merlin support

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!