What's new

Bricked after lede firmware. Help unbricking.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Stephen Williams

New Around Here
I tried installing lede firmware and now my r7000 is bricked.

White power light and Orange lan light.

I have tried 30-30-30, tftp times out. Do not know password to tftp2. I do not want to have to open the router.

When using putty the connection refuses. Even after manually hardcoding addresses in Windows.

An ideas?

I tried installing lede firmware and now my r7000 is bricked.

White power light and Orange lan light.

I have tried 30-30-30, tftp times out. Do not know password to tftp2. I do not want to have to open the router.

When using putty the connection refuses. Even after manually hardcoding addresses in Windows.

An ideas?
What is lede firmware? What is the point of trying tftp when you are not even able to access router. I am sure you are not able to ping the router either. Did you run 'ipconfig /all' to see what is what? 30-30-30 method is passe now. New routers don't need it. Sounds like your router is in no man's land now. Run ipconfig and see if there is any slight chance of reviving the unit. Pay attention to gateway ip address, unit ip address. What are they?

I'm not familiar with Netgear's CFE, but since it's Broadcom, I would try this:

1) Set your PC to static IP 192.168.1.100, netmask 255.255.255.0, no gateway, no DNS
2) Try to ping 192.168.1.1. If you get a response with a TTL of 100 (normal TTL is 64), then the router is in recovery mode and reachable. Try uploading firmware through tftp then, to 192.168.1.1.

If it still fails, check DD-WRT's resources for R7000 recovery - their project often has a lot of good info on device recovery.

Lede was rather short lived BTW, latest word is that the dissidents might be rejoining the OpenWRT collective.

"Note: LEDE is evolving rapidly. As of late 2016, it may not be stable enough for your family to use as the primary router. We are working hard towards a stable release in the new year. However, if you are willing to live with occasional bugs and instability...."​

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!