What's new

Bricked RT-AX82U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

telalpal

New Around Here
Hi folks,

I bought dead RT-AX82U and trying to fix it. I am quite new to this so not sure if I can manage it at all.
When Power On only power led is up. Rescue mode not working.
Connected with serial port through puTTY and it prints some logs:
Code:
----
BTRM
V1.1
CACH
CODE
ZBSS
MAIN
OTP?
OTPP
USBT
NAND
IMG?
IMGL
UHD?
UHDP
RLO?
RLOP
UBI?
UBIF
IMG?
IMGL
UHD?
UHDP
RLO?
RLOP
UBI?
UBIF

Then it tries to load "IMG" in loop and same: "UHD", "RLO" pass "UBI" is failing.
Also can't do CTRL+C to enter "cfe".

Maybe you guys can get me a direction what can be the root cause?

Hi telalpal,
i have similar issues with two AX92U, im suspecting the MXIC flash to be bad. Im not sure yet, but USBT, NAND and IMG all seems to point at the flash. I ordered an Xgecu programmer to get out more infro from those flashes. Ping me here in a few weeks if im not updating it.

Hi telalpal,
i have similar issues with two AX92U, im suspecting the MXIC flash to be bad. Im not sure yet, but USBT, NAND and IMG all seems to point at the flash. I ordered an Xgecu programmer to get out more infro from those flashes. Ping me here in a few weeks if im not updating it.
cool, thank you! Hopefully you'll fix it! 🙌

cool, thank you! Hopefully you'll fix it! 🙌
Its been fixed! :)
I mentioned my method here:
If you need help, just nudge me here!

Its been fixed! :)
I mentioned my method here:
If you need help, just nudge me here!
Wow! That's awesome!!!
Thank you for sharing!!!
I'll try to repeat your steps! Will share my result here 🙂

Notice that you dont have
UBI?
UBIP
but you have
UBI?
UBIF
(means UBIF=UBIfailed)
I dont know what UBI exactly means, and as i dug deeper on forums, i just got more confused. Whats sure that the main CPU has internal flash, but not enough to store a proper bootloader, so it is just calling data from the main flash chip. But if that tiny flash on the CPU are that one thats failed... Than you have to get an another CPU from the same router... :(

Notice that you dont have
UBI?
UBIP
but you have
UBI?
UBIF
(means UBIF=UBIfailed)
I dont know what UBI exactly means, and as i dug deeper on forums, i just got more confused. Whats sure that the main CPU has internal flash, but not enough to store a proper bootloader, so it is just calling data from the main flash chip. But if that tiny flash on the CPU are that one thats failed... Than you have to get an another CPU from the same router... :(
As I got from sources it's refers to UBI (unsorted block image) file system https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UBIFS
sounds like it's shouldn't store some small data, so hopefully your way will work for me 🙂

"The file system is developed by Nokia engineers with help of the University of Szeged, Hungary." Lol, im from Hun too. We really invented everything :D

"UBI serves two purposes, tracking NAND flash memory bad blocks and providing wear leveling." This also sounds like our problem... As i mentioned, half of the flash chips that i got had bad blocks, and xGecu even failed writing the one chip that had only a single one bad block.

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!