What's new

BRING BACK WTFast support for RT-AC88U/RT-AC3100/RT-AC5300

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

fitnesspmm

Regular Contributor
I'm really pissed off right now finding out you have removed WTFast (no Game Boost tab) in the lastest patch!! This router was design for gaming (I have the AC5300).

Before you say it doesn't work.... I live in Australia where most gaming servers are in the USA. I find with WTFast, it doesn't work locally but it works the best over long distances. Australia to USA, ping are usually 300 which you can't play games with. With WTFast it lowers it to 200-220 which makes the game playable. Just like back in the dial-up days... By saying this, it doesn't work for all games where I would say it's about 50/50 from my experience.

Bottom line is, this router is a Gaming router. It's why so many of us buy the AC5300 and what ASUS targets the market for (Gamers).

How do I edit the patch so I can turn it back on please or could you turn it back on in the lastest patch for AC5300. This router is a gaming router hence without WTFast, it's rubbish to me now!

^World's 1st Gaming Router WITHOUT Game Accerlation

https://www.asus.com/us/Networking/ROG-Rapture-GT-AC5300/

Last edited:
I'm really pissed off right now finding out you have removed WTFast (no Game Boost tab) in the lastest patch!! This router was design for gaming (I have the AC5300).

Before you say it doesn't work.... I live in Australia where most gaming servers are in the USA. I find with WTFast, it doesn't work locally but it works the best over long distances. Australia to USA, ping are usually 300 which you can't play games with. With WTFast it lowers it to 200-220 which makes the game playable. Just like back in the dial-up days... By saying this, it doesn't work for all games where I would say it's about 50/50 from my experience.

Bottom line is, this router is a Gaming router. It's why so many of us buy the AC5300 and what ASUS targets the market for (Gamers).

How do I edit the patch so I can turn it back on please or could you turn it back on in the lastest patch for AC5300. This router is a gaming router hence without WTFast, it's rubbish to me now!
I can appreciate your concern. However missdirected. Get a hold of Asus directly as it is their code that needs to be fixed up....hope this helps!

Go back to factory firmware - you should be fine there.

There's some concern with WTF - some of it privacy, some of it security, some of it that impacts other gamers...

Asuswrt-Merlin firmware v384.6 Changelog:
Code:
   - CHANGED: Updated curl to 7.60.0 (contains security fixes)
   - REMOVED: WTFast support for RT-AC88U/RT-AC3100/RT-AC5300,
              as it's incompatible with recent versions of
              curl (and has been broken for quite some time).
              Not gonna revert back to a 7 years old curl
              version just for wtfast.

Go back to factory firmware - you should be fine there.

There's some concern with WTF - some of it privacy, some of it security, some of it that impacts other gamers...
Yes and it impacts people that don't use it....LOL

ok, I understand! How about adding a 'G' to future releases with WTFast?
384.6g

G for gaming so it keeps us gamers happy or we have no use for this router anymore!

Take the issue to Asus guys it has nothing to do with merlin!
ROG Rapture is not a merlin supported model.
Go back to stock f/w if it floats your boat!

WTFast is a closed source Asus code. Merlin has no way of modifying. Sorry!

This is HORRIBLE how you kicked us Gamers to the curve!!!

Easy fella I'm not Asus nor paid by Asus. For that matter no one on this forum is paid by Asus. WE have not kicked anyone to the curb!

Reactions: pmm
Code:
fitnesspmm said: ↑

This is a ROG Rapture. Merlin is not supported on this model!

I'm happy to pay money if someone changes the code with WTFast available!
Offer your money to Asus bud! Merlin cannot fix closed source stuff!

I didn't "remove" WTFast. If you read the changelog carefully, it wasn't even working to begin with. WTFast crashes when you started it with the firmware using a newer Curl version than the prehistoric version used by Asus. Which means WTFast hasn't worked in my firmware for close to two years now... I simply removed a feature that wasn't working at all.

Either get Asus to fix their code to work with newer Curl versions, or switch to the stock firmware. There's nothing I can do about it, WTFast is closed source.

So go back to the stock firmware. No one is making you use Merlin.

Merlin’s described the exactly reason why WTFast was removed above.

Let’s also be VERY clear

RT-AC5300 - NOT a gaming focused router, is supported by Merlin, WTFast removed in Merlin’s as ASUS have failed to maintain it properly. WTFast will work on stock f/w (which includes archaic versions of software to do so).

ROG GT-AC5300 - IS a gaming focused router, has NEVER been supported by Merlin, WTFast will work fine on stock firmware (which includes archaic versions of software to do so).

You need to first of all check your attitude.

Then read change logs properly.

Then realise which router you actually own.

Then go solve your issue in an appropriate way, i.e. talk to ASUS and/or switch to stock firmware.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

do

Do something useful with your life - give up gaming or go back to Stock firmware. No amount of bleating will change things here. A typical Shylock - quick to rant and bludge on others efforts but never one to put his hands in his pocket to donate. Language suggests a spoilt brat teenager

Last edited:

Get out of the basement much ? Just wow to your rant

Reactions: pmm
Status
Not open for further replies.