What's new

Budget AC router to overcome a very unusual issue

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Then the c60 seems fine for me. It should be able to handle the clients as it signal is more optimized

The repeater answer was indeed for a other post
I guess it got messed up with Tapatalk and late hours. Sorry for that

Greets from PowerChaos
Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
Below is the experience of someone who just recently purchased Archer C60 & based on this I am having second thoughts about getting it.
Ok, the product arrived and I have been using/configuring since 3 days. Overall , I am disappointed with it. Infact disappointed with two particular features - parental control and qos).

Don't get fooled by thinking that 5 antenna would give great range. I got the same range and sometimes even worse than my earlier tp link router. In order to get almost same range as my previous wireless modem router, I had to position the 5 antennas in different directions. But the signal strength kept fluctuating every few seconds although I select the optimal channel,etc. As expected 5ghz signal is visible only to my laptop and smart tv but is strong unlike what many people out there have told. My smart tv is at a distance of 20 feet with 1 wall and I get 3 to 4 bars. I enabled dhcp address reservation for my devices and choose to hide the 2.4ghz ssid.

Some of the features of the router looks like a gimmick and does not work. I enabled parent control for my device, I tried both access restriction (setting time of day when device can access wifi) and also content restriction (blocked wikipedia.org), but it did not work. I was able to access the wifi anytime and also wikipedia. I tried by adding another device and also restarted the router, but it was of no use - disappointed.
Tether app does not offer much of the settings as provided in web ui.

Now, the most important pain point for me due to which I am disappointed is that there is no way to limit bandwidth of a device. I am on a 10mbs connection, so when other people in my house watch video, or if I watch anything on smart tv, the resolution automatically goes to 1080p and I would end up finishing my 50gb quota in a few days/weeks! I hoped the qos on the router page would help me. So I set 10mbps upload and download limit and enabled qos. I added all my devices to low priority set at 10%. I assumed that this would mean, only 10% of 10mbs would be used. But still when I did speedtest, I was getting 10mbps upload and download on all devices !!! I restarted router, tried other devices, still the same. I ended up setting the limit as 2mbs at the router level itself. So now all devices have no choice but to operate at a low speed. So now I have a wireless ac router which can't be utilized fully - disgusting. I thought there would be new firmware update for these issues but it is the latest firmware. It is like forcing a ferrari to be pulled by a bullock cart.