What's new

[BUG] ASUS ROUTERS HIDE SSID OPTION

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

hggomes

Very Senior Member
I have reported this bug today to ASUS, i've noticed it 1-2 years ago signal drop and high/low signal variation and it was not fixed until today, this happens on all models i tested so far. If anyone can test this also on other ASUS routers using different chipsets beside Broadcom it would be interesting.

This shouldn't happen, testing this option on Netgear or other routers will work perfectly fine, wireless signal behavior does not change ON or OFF.

Attachments

• SSID HIDDEN VS NOT HIDDEN.jpg
    SSID HIDDEN VS NOT HIDDEN.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 458
  • SSID HIDDEN.jpg
    SSID HIDDEN.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 630
  • SSID NOT HIDDEN.jpg
    SSID NOT HIDDEN.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 684
Last edited:
Thanks for your feedback, i only tested 2.4GHZ frequency here, but i will try 5GHZ also and see the results soon.

Personally I don't trust those measurement tool, as they aren't necessary accurate. Nothing beats doing a good old fashionned file transfer test (or iperf test). See if it really has an impact on it.

I tested it with alot of them.

inSSIDer, Ekahau Site Survey and alot others, they do all the same.

Yes it has impact, i've tested before.

After you turn on the option HIDE SSID you will see a 10dbm lost, you just need to press APPLY on the WEBUI and it happens in the next second.

Last edited: