What's new

[Bug] Asuswrt-Merlin sometimes randomly activates VPN client

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Redsandro

New Around Here
380.58 on RT-AC87U here. I've experienced this on previous versions too.

I'm having 2 VPN clients configured, with Redirect Internet traffic set to Policy rules.

Once upon a blue moon, suddenly everything gets routed to the 1st VPN. Ignoring policy rules. It also happens if there are no policy rules.

Deactivating the client or rebooting the router helps.

I'm guessing that sometimes the router reconfigures itsself, but misses a step setting up the rules.

Last time this happened was a month ago. So it's difficult to reproduce,or see if a new firmware has the same problem.

Interesting report, you can always try to reset the router and make a new configuration from scratch to make sure there are no nvram leftovers from old FW, there were quite some changes on OpenVPN code at each new version.

Interesting report, you can always try to reset the router and make a new configuration from scratch to make sure there are no nvram leftovers from old FW, there were quite some changes on OpenVPN code at each new version.
Wrapping the reset in exporting and importing the config, would that help, or are nvram leftovers also exported with the config?

Yeah, thats why i have mention that you should config it manually to be sure it not related.