What's new

Built-in BitTorrent Client

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

King of Heroes

New Around Here
I'm in the market for a router that features a built-in bittorrent client. I want a low power device that can download torrents so I don't have to leave my power guzzling desktop on overnight, and a router seems like a good choice for this (worry not, I don't download music, movies, or games over BT). Wireless support is not important, but affordability is.

My main concern is that I don't really know what to look for. The only BT capable router I've seen so far is the Asus RT-N16, which is also DD-WRT compatible (which is nice, but also not a requirement). I've been told that router needs to have enough onboard memory to handle sufficiently sized routing tables in order to handle BT well, the RT-N16 has 128MB onboard which I was told was good enough for that. I imagine the other necessity would be a USB 2.0 port so the router has someplace to actually put the files.

Does anyone else here have recommendations or tips on what to look for?