What's new

Cannot connect RealVNC

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Jimkirk363

New Around Here
Hi there im a newbie to the forums although ive been using Merlin firmware for quite a while with no problems until now.

Up until about 10 days ago i was running an Asus RT-AC66u with Merlin with no problem but then the router died a death and i replaced the router with an Asus RT-AC87u and flashed with Merlin. I chose this router as it was on sale in PC World for under £100.

My problem is ive been using RealVNC to be able to connect/view any pc around my home from another pc but since the router swap when attempting to connect the connection times out. All the ports are routed correctly ive checked and double checked and ive made sure im connecting to the right IP address as all my systems have a static IP on the internal network.

Im completely stumped can anyone shed some light on this?
Thanks.

Can you clarify - Are you trying to connect to these PC's from your LAN or the internet?

Should be wide open on the LAN, can't think of anything that would block it. Do the computers "trust" the network of the new router? If not maybe the PC firewalls are blocking.

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!

Staff online