What's new

Cant Connect WNDR3700 to WNHDE111

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

benkus83

New Around Here
Hi, I recently purchased the WNDR3700 and WNHDE111 for the previously mentioned scenario, (PC-WNDR3700 to WNHDE111-Wired device B).

First of all, I have the 3700 setup as DHCP. I have security turned of in the 5GHz range (for testing purposes) and SSID as Netgear

Using the WPS function, I can connect the WNDR3700 & WNHDE111 with the WNHDE111 on auto mode. This maintains a connection for about 20 minutes, then the Wired device B looses its IP address (I think this is because the connection between 3700-111 is lost).

I try to setup the 3700's repeater settings as a base station, entering the 111's MAC address in, and again no security. On the 111, I have the SSID as pre 3700 Netgear, I have the WDS with the MAC address of 3700 entered. I have security disabled on the 111 & tried both Dynamic and static IP on the 111. I can get no connection. The switch is still selected as Auto on the back of 111.

The status of the 3700 is that the repeater on the 5Ghz range is disconected. I have no other wireless device connected to the network.

I have already had a replacement 111 sent out from netgear, but I beleive it is most likely a fault with the 3700 firmware. I have tried both V1.0.4.31 & V1.0.4.35.

I have spent 4 painfull hours on the phone with netgear (they dont understand that I have a decent understating of configuring a network and repeatedly get me to click on start, control panel etc to get to Network and Sharing Center and find my current IP address, etc) I feel as though they are just reading off a set script which is quite painfully slow.

If anyone has actually got a 3700 and a 111 to work together your help (and configurations) would be most appreciated.

Regards
Ben

You should not need to use WDS (wireless repeating) to connect the 3700 and WNHDE111. The 111 can connect just like any other wireless client.

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!

Staff online