What's new

Can't recover my RT-N56U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

AJDJ

New Around Here
The router was fine when I stopped using it several years ago because I had to switch to another router from my Internet provider.

I tried turning it on today, but all I can see is slowly blinking power LED. I tried resetting it with a Reset button, tried turning it off and turning it on with Reset button pressed to enter into Rescue mode, but from what I understand it looks like it might be in the rescue mode on its own already.

No other lights are blinking/alight on the front panel except for the power one. I can't see the router as a WiFi option from my phone either. I tried plugging it via Ethernet, assigning 192.168.1.10 address manually and using Firmware Restore tool, but the tool couldn't find the router. The discovery tool from Asus doesn't see it either. The number of packets received from the router in Windows network manager is zero.

Does it mean it's bricked? I found online someone had a similar issue and they had to resolder the Reset button that got stuck in pressed position (not sure I'd be able to do that), but I wonder if there is anything I can do to diagnose the issue before I assume that it's bricked and throw it away.

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!