What's new

Change requests

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bogdan1989

Occasional Visitor
Hello everyone, I would like you to modify 2 very important things for my RT-AX56U router if possible.
The first is: in the SYSTEM LOG menu section there it records all activity that the ROuter does. They should put On, that is to say, Registration activated and OFF of registration. Disabled, that is, do not write anything in that field there, it does not matter if it shows any error, whatever.
Second improvement is to create entire packages between the standard English language and the country where each of you resides. If I find that I have 2 languages, English and Spanish, in the general language section of the website on the right side as soon as I enter instead of having Chinese there. , French, Korean, etc. Because so many languages should eliminate the translated files and thus the translated package takes up less space, I know it is cumbersome to make each language separately, a standard one that is English and Spanish or Portuguese, but all that have 2 languages, no more than English and Spanish. of residence chosen by each user would be great, so those are improvements for the router, the rest works well for the moment.

1) Linux Syslog is not something you arbitrarily decide to enable/disable. It's a system log and should be left running at all times.
2) What do you mean by "packages"? Firmwares? What would be the point of building 20+ separate firmwares for every single model? There's no need to save space, the root partition still has multiple megabytes of free space. Compiling 20 firmware for each router would take days, and would require me to upload multiple gigabytes for each release. This makes absolutely no sense.

1) Linux Syslog is not something you arbitrarily decide to enable/disable. It's a system log and should be left running at all times.
2) What do you mean by "packages"? Firmwares? What would be the point of building 20+ separate firmwares for every single model? There's no need to save space, the root partition still has multiple megabytes of free space. Compiling 20 firmware for each router would take days, and would require me to upload multiple gigabytes for each release. This makes absolutely no sense.
This type of help does not offer help, therefore what it says there above is not used and insert that code or script of 2 lines and therefore to me it does make sense that it costs you to load 2 or 3 languages than to load 10 languages the load of data is slower having to load 10 languages than having 3, anyway, as for the SYSTEM LOG, it is not necessary to have it open, you can put this code, for example, I don't know if it is correct, I can't program it
# SYSTEM LOG ON: Enabled
# SYSTEM OFF : Disabled
These are simple codes, I don't know if they have them or if it is correct to put the firmware there and compile it again since if you do it once it is saved forever and you wouldn't have to do it again in terms of the language, if it makes sense to eliminate the rest of languages and the router would not have to load 10 languages, it would only load 3 or 2 and it is easier, it would have more space for the ROM and not take up whoever wanted RT-AX56U English and Chinese language, they would have to download another one from other language sections, I know At first it seems cumbersome but you can create a script that when modifying something, all the files are modified at once and it would be saved. and it would be uploaded to the download server anyway if you want to help me do it if not or I would pay say $50 via paypal to do those 2 things once tested obviously have 2 languages English and Spanish and the system log that can be activated or deactivated and if it works everything is fine or I would give the $50 obio first do the complete firmware and in a few days I would charge and transfer the money

Previously asked and answered two years ago.

This type of help does not offer help, therefore what it says there above is not used and insert that code or script of 2 lines and therefore to me it does make sense that it costs you to load 2 or 3 languages than to load 10 languages the load of data is slower having to load 10 languages than having 3, anyway, as for the SYSTEM LOG, it is not necessary to have it open, you can put this code, for example, I don't know if it is correct, I can't program it
These are simple codes, I don't know if they have them or if it is correct to put the firmware there and compile it again since if you do it once it is saved forever and you wouldn't have to do it again in terms of the language, if it makes sense to eliminate the rest of languages and the router would not have to load 10 languages, it would only load 3 or 2 and it is easier, it would have more space for the ROM and not take up whoever wanted RT-AX56U English and Chinese language, they would have to download another one from other language sections, I know At first it seems cumbersome but you can create a script that when modifying something, all the files are modified at once and it would be saved. and it would be uploaded to the download server anyway if you want to help me do it if not or I would pay say $50 via paypal to do those 2 things once tested obviously have 2 languages English and Spanish and the system log that can be activated or deactivated and if it works everything is fine or I would give the $50 obio first do the complete firmware and in a few days I would charge and transfer the money
Oh, you make it sound easier than I thought! Why don't you just compile it yourself in the language(s) you want?

Why do you no like the syslog or languages? I guess glossophobia and logophobia are an actual thing.

My going rates are much higher than that, and my methods are questionable at best...... You can get a kickstarter going, https://www.kickstarter.com/?country=US. It may help.
How cruel, no one helps me and I don't know how to compile. Also, I don't have that much time to learn, but as I said, I would pay $50. I'm sure that a programmer who created the firmware would know and do all of this in less than 10 minutes of his time. In short, there is cruelty in the world. God will not forgive the cruel. ask for help it's for a reason..

How cruel, no one helps me and I don't know how to compile. Also, I don't have that much time to learn, but as I said, I would pay $50. I'm sure that a programmer who created the firmware would know and do all of this in less than 10 minutes of his time. In short, there is cruelty in the world. God will not forgive the cruel. ask for help it's for a reason..
What you're requesting help with will NOT make any improvements to the router. Pick your most use language and ignore the logs. Best of luck!

Last edited:
You might want to read the FAQs of this forum, it has been made more than clear that special requests in exchange for payment are not going to happen, see here in particular.

Some people are never happy Merlin is given free to all that want to use it , poor you that Eric will not go out of hisway to supply YOU with special requests , instead of being grateful you are crying poor ME . Enough already grow up

to me it does make sense that it costs you to load 2 or 3 languages than to load 10 languages the load of data is slower having to load 10 languages than having 3,
That's not how it works.

The dictionnary files are loaded by the web server, and the correct translated string is dynamically inserted in the page at load time. So it makes no difference at all whether the router supports 2 languages or 20 languages - only one is inserted in the page at load time, so load time will always be indentical regardless of the number of supported languages.

it would have more space for the ROM
As I said, there is no need for more space. The root partition is 96 MB large, and there is around 30 MB of free space still (depending on the model). That read-only flash space is only available for the firmware image, it's not available to the user. The JFFS partition has its own separate partition with its size unrelated to the size of the rootfs. Removing dictionnary files would save around 2 MB, which would make abslolutely no differnece when there is already 30 MB free.

Last edited:
I think all the best people have already helped you here, you just don't like their answers. I don't think you will fair better getting help playing "woe is me" card. No one is cruel, or being cruel here in this thread or forum. You just dont like the help you received so far.

Last edited:
Select Log Level 0 in SSH or Emergency in GUI and the effect will be no logs.

What's non-standard with French for example? RMerlin's native language is French.
First of all, I have not used SSH in my life, therefore I would like to have Spanish and Romanian language and the rest to delete and another to deactivate or activate the registry called SYSTEM LOG... SO IT WOULD BE GREAT IF THAT WAS WITHIN THE FIRMWARE but no one wants to do it :(

First of all, I have not used SSH in my life, therefore I would like to have Spanish and Romanian language and the rest to delete and another to deactivate or activate the registry called SYSTEM LOG... SO IT WOULD BE GREAT IF THAT WAS WITHIN THE FIRMWARE but no one wants to do it :(
Download the GPL of ASUS RT-AX56U and compile it the way you want it.

There’s absolutely no sense in doing what you requested, and it was already explained to you in detail. Why would anyone on Earth want to spend their time on useless work?

but no one wants to do it

You have to deal with what it is or make your own firmware according to your unique requirements. No one is going to make personalized firmware version for you. You have unrealistic expectations.

Not really paying attention to this, but

killall klogd
killall syslogd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!