What's new

Changed router ID/password, now can't access

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I can't even remember default id and password(blame old age) often times LOL!,. What's such a big deal requiring LONG id. or password???...

For those of us who are advancing in age, I see references on the web for default router usernames and passwords. This one seems to be very comprehensive.

http://www.cleancss.com/router-default/

I am having this exact issue, 8 char login and 9 char PW. i get inaccessible from Chrome and Firefox and on Safari i can login but the page doesn't finish loading and it pins CPU and HDD read/write throughput. On Merlin 380.64.

I have an Asus RT-AC68U running ... a pretty recent version of the Merlin firmware. Sure wish I could check which exactly.

I just changed the router login ID and password. And now, when I try accessing 192.168.1.1, I get the dreadful "This site can’t be reached ... 192.168.1.1 refused to connect." message.

However, the router continues working fine. Internet connectivity is normal.

I rebooted it, no change.

I have no clue why simply changing the ID/password would cause such an issue.

So what is the magic handshake to reset this thing? I'm assuming that's what I'm going to have to do.

I try it at ASUS & Merlin firmware with
ID:
TmUGYVQkJdINW77L

Password:
UEZEO80BJH0y6CFy
both ASUS and Merlin firmware can be changed ,and I guess if you input space symbol at begin or end.