What's new

Choppy online streaming on N66U wifi

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

steve7929

Occasional Visitor
I have N66U with merlin 33 build and everything is wonderful on wired connections but video streaming is terrible and keeps buffering a lot both on 2.4 and 5 ghz bands even though I get full wifi signals and my isp speed is 50MBPS.
Any suggestions on things I can do to get my online video streaming working without issues on wifi?

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Checked the speed on wifi using speed test app to confirm the speeds are close to wired connections. Movies seem to stream ok via browser but not through native YouTube app on Android, iPhone and ipad.

I have N66U with merlin 33 build and everything is wonderful on wired connections but video streaming is terrible and keeps buffering a lot both on 2.4 and 5 ghz bands even though I get full wifi signals and my isp speed is 50MBPS.
Any suggestions on things I can do to get my online video streaming working without issues on wifi?

I'm having the same problem with Android devices, but only older Android. Android 4.x doesn't have the same choppy streaming issues as I've seen with 2.x devices.

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!