What's new

Cisco RV130

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

donnie

New Around Here
Hello,

I am trying to find out what kind of CPU the new Cisco RV130 router have but i can't find this information anywhere as there are no reviews out yet (i tweeted Cisco and all they could say was that it had a Cavium CPU)

I am hopping it uses the same processor as the Cisco RV320 (Cavium CN5020 processor) Is there anyone that can put my mind at ease and have the answer to this?

I do not know how to check it without opening it but maybe someone else does? Does it feel responsive in it's management interface though?

That's actually why i want to know what kind of CPU it has, because the RV line its known for a "laggy" interface with the exception of RV320 (that one has a faster dual core CPU)

I'll need to go read through what people are calling laggy from a web interface perspective on the RV series

I mainly use it for doing lab work, but here is my take on it

- the device boots up quick enough

- The web Interface seems to be ok, with exception
sometimes you make a change and while its being processed
the browser doesn't seem to go back to the web interface
I have to close and re-open it, but the settings do take
other than that, the web interface works fine

Last edited:
Thanks alot for your answer and your time! This means a single core CPU which is abit of a downer but expected considering the price. I guess ill try to find a slight used RV320 instead.

Your Welcome

Side note:
If the EdgeMax 5 port router had a 4 port switch and not a 3 port switch
I would have most likely gone with that router
though I did look at the RV320

Last edited: