What's new

CISCO WAP571 dropping clients.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Sorry, its under security in your wifi network settings where you put the wifi network password.

MFP is Management Frame Protection.

Thanks.

Have replied on the other thread.

Still getting strange issues..

Apr 7 2019 10:40:00 info hostapd[16502] STA 6c:40:08:9c:4d:00 associated with BSSID 70:d3:79:93:b1:20
Apr 7 2019 10:40:00 info hostapd[16502] Assoc request from 6c:40:08:9c:4d:00 BSSID 70:d3:79:93:b1:20 SSID SB5
Apr 7 2019 10:40:00 err hostapd[16502] trying to deauthenticate to station 6c:40:08:9c:4d:00, but not authenticated
Apr 7 2019 10:40:00 err hostapd[16502] trying to update accounting statistics, station 6c:40:08:9c:4d:00 not found
Apr 7 2019 10:40:00 info hostapd[16502] STA 6c:40:08:9c:4d:00 deauthed from BSSID 70:d3:79:93:b1:20 reason 3: STA is leaving IBSS or ESS

Not sure if its related, but after its eventually authenticated, i get a 'network connection interrupted' warning, but will then load the page.

Doesn't happen very often.

AP's are connected to a Ubiquiti ER4 running DNSmasq.

Thanks.

For some reason i thought i had posted on their forums as well but it appears not!

Started a thread on there now.

:)

Posted a thread over a couple of days ago and so far only one reply.

In fact, my thread is still at the top!

Seems a bit dead over there, unless i posted in the wrong forum.

It is a slow process. Cisco tests stuff. If it is their problem you will see a fix in the next firmware release.

Just curious what does that MAC address translate to? What device? It is an Apple MAC. I am looking at the log just above.

What are you using to power the WAP571?

Last edited:
Just a bit of advice. If you don't present enough information to recreate your problem you are going to be blown off by Cisco as a bad config, as someone without enough skills to do it right.

Hi thanks.

Yes i did wonder but i'm sure if there is a was to upload a config file?

The 571 is being powered by a netgear POE+ switch.

It was being powered by a Linksys POE+

My advice was for the Cisco forum.

What models numbers? I did not realize Linksys had a POE+ switch. Netgear probably does but what model?

This kind goes back to my comment. You leave a lot for interpretation. It was hard to know that you were using a European model which I don't think you even posted on the Cisco's site what model you have. What model is the second one? The log is good but it may not stand on its' own. I have looked in my logs and I have not seen anything like what you posted over many days using my cluster of 3 APs.

Last edited:
My advice was for the Cisco forum.

What models numbers? I did not realize Linksys had a POE+ switch. Netgear probably does but what model?

This kind goes back to my comment. You leave a lot for interpretation. It was hard to know that you were using a European model which I don't think you even posted on the Cisco's site what model you have. What model is the second one? The log is good but it may not stand on its' own. I have looked in my logs and I have not seen anything like what you posted over many days using my cluster of 3 APs.

My apologies they are both Linksys!

https://www.linksys.com/gb/p/P-LGS116P/

And

https://www.linksys.com/gb/p/P-LGS108P/

Both AP's are the WAP571-E-K9.

My previous controller based Cisco 2702i AP's worked fine from the 116, so i don't think its a power issue.

Last edited:
have you turned off/disabled the green ethernet functions on the ports to the APs and the uplink port ?

So you have 50w of power. Do you have anything else running off POE+ power?

How many active users? How many connected users?

Are you using both Ethernet ports?

Still looking for what phone with the above log?

Last edited:
It is hard to get information out of you but your switch is out of spec for 2 POE+ Cisco WAP571 wireless units. It might work with nothing else using power but it is out of spec. 50 watts is not enough power. 51 watts is spec so it is close but out of spec. How much power can the switch supply to 1 WAP571? I could not find any specs.

Here is what I found on Cisco's web site
"802.3at PoE — Also known as the High Power PoE. This standard is ideal for devices that require higher electrical power of up to 25.5 watts."

I think you are not trying hard enough to solve your problem.

Last edited:
Hi,

I am in and out with work so i sometimes don't get chance to spend a lot of time on it!

According to the Cisco web site, the WAP571 peak power is 18 watts and can be powered by an 802.3 at/af switch, which the Linksys switches are, the 16 port has a total budget of 80W, and the 8 port is 50W

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/produ...eless-access-points/datasheet-c78-736449.html

One AP is plugged into each switch. with nothing else needing POE power.

The client in the above log was a Macbook Pro 2016 ish.

I had a 17 watt injector and my WAP371 did not run reliable. It ran but I would have issues with iPhones from time to time.

The 80 watt would probably be better but I was looking at the switch you posted you had. I bought a Cisco switch with 180 watts of POE+ power. It seems to work fine with 3 Cisco WAP371 units.