What's new

Clarification and Discussion on Recent 388.8 Changes

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I'll try to publish test builds tonight that will include the interface fix, we'll see after that what's still left on the table that needs further investigating.

I moved discussions that were about troubleshooting to the more appropriate thread that already exists:

Best that the current thread be kept for actual technical discussions rather than support discussions.

Wow, this is all way over my head. Is there a simple answer to the following?

I have an Astrill Applet on an 86U with 388.8.2 The Applet has a kill switch option. Should it be ticked or not? If it isn’t ticked will my network still be protected from a VPN drop.

Please assume you are talking to a very small child with no a technical knowledge. The last time I was interested in binding was when Princess Leia was captured by Jabba the Hut.

Wow, this is all way over my head. Is there a simple answer to the following?

I have an Astrill Applet on an 86U with 388.8.2 The Applet has a kill switch option. Should it be ticked or not? If it isn’t ticked will my network still be protected from a VPN drop.

Please assume you are talking to a very small child with no a technical knowledge. The last time I was interested in binding was when Princess Leia was captured by Jabba the Hut.

Astrill provides their own implementation of OpenVPN that (afaik) has nothing to do w/ the router's implementation, and thus has nothing to do w/ the discussions here. Any questions about how their Applet works or should to be configured needs to be addressed by Astrill tech support.