What's new

Comparison? ASUS RT-BE96U vs. TP-Link BE19000

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Marc4800

New Around Here
Looking for a new gaming router and not sure which between the 2 of these. Don't have a large place, but do online gaming such as cod modern warfare 3. These are the 2,

ASUS RT-BE96U BE19000​

TP-Link Tri-Band BE19000 Wi-Fi 7​

This forum is very ASUS-centric so you most likely will get a lot of suggestions to go with ASUS. I'm more of a TP-Link guy. Honestly? I don't think you can go wrong with any of them.

new gaming router

For better online gaming you need low latency ISP and wired to the router PC. Gaming router is a marketing term. The two models above for >$500 may not improve your gaming a bit when connected to some remote high latency gaming server and playing over Wi-Fi. You may get exactly the same gaming experience with $200 router. Doesn't have to be high-end, doesn't have to be Wi-Fi 7.

Also, for wifi 7 do you need antennas for wifi 7, which after looking I didn't really see any other than tri band antennas?

You need Wi-Fi 7 capable clients.
So if your pc has the wifi 7 card and you have the wifi 7 router, will wifi 6e antennas still do the job? My pc will need the card changed to 7 and has the wires inside running back to where the antennas plug in.

Why are you asking about antennas? Most of the antennas on routers or clients are multiband. It's not really a concern.

Decided on the Tp-Link Tri-Band BE19000 Wi-Fi 7. Current router is Linksys wrt3200acm. Pc has wifi 6E card. Imagine antenna is for the same and don't know if performance will be lower with that antenna or doesn't matter?

Both Wi-Fi 6E and Wi-Fi 7 use the same 6GHz band. Why don't you spend some time to read about the product you are buying?

Both Wi-Fi 6E and Wi-Fi 7 use the same 6GHz band. Why don't you spend some time to read about the product you are buying?
Did look into it, but some of this is confusing. Question answered though, since if it's on same band then just need to install wifi 7 card to take advantage of wifi 7 benefits for pc.

Did look into it, but some of this is confusing. Question answered though, since if it's on same band then just need to install wifi 7 card to take advantage of wifi 7 benefits for pc.

For Windows 11, you need to upgrade to the Dev build 24H2. 24H2 is not general release yet. Also update the wifi drivers to the latest. This is also assuming you have purchased and installed a wifi adapter (like the Intel BE200) into your laptop/system. Oh and you have WiFi 7 based router/access points.