What's new

Complete overhaul of my equipment

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Diakos

New Around Here
I've decided to completely overhaul my network equipment. Was hoping you all can assist with parts, I keep buying stuff that isn't quite right. I have tired EOP and it works terribly in my building if at all. I have the Netcom NP504. It will connect for a few days then be gone for a few days more, just won't connect to the other device no matter what I do, or will just keep restarting itself. I gave up on it. I was getting speeds fluctuating from 400KB/s to 3MB/s. So I want a strong wireless option.

If you were to start from scratch. Buying new Modem, wireless router (repeater if need be) and pc adapters. In the below environment. What would you choose. Cost isn't as important as performance at the moment.
I live in a 9 story oldish apartment building on the 4th floor. inSSIDer picks up around 12 other SSID's
I have ADSL2+. I'm 704m form the exchange.
Heavy (wired) (constant) torrents, Downloads and uploads.
Heavy (wireless) HD streaming to 2 devices. (about 11tb of content on the server, 2 devices can be streaming at the same time)
Furthest wireless distant is 6m through 2 walls single brick walls. Using inSSIDer at the moment the furthermost pc gets about about -60 RSSI using the D-link DWA-131 adapter (I am willing to upgrade this adapter).

Current set-up I'm getting 4MB/s WAN speed on the furthest PC

I would really appreciate any help. I've been plagued with issues getting my furthermost pc with decent LAN (POE) or WAN speeds.