What's new

Connection to router by ip fails while remote over OpenVPN

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

cone

New Around Here
I've looked through several dozen thread with similar issues, but none appear to provide solutions that have had any effect on my problem.

I have a RT-AC66U B1 running Merlin 386.14
the local network is 192.168.50.0/24
OpenVPN is enabled, TUN/UDP, with a subnet of 192.168.69.0/24. connection type is set to "both" (internet and LAN)
1727114325450.png

I create a user, and connect successfully using Arne Schwabe's client on Android.
Using StreamSoft's PingTools I am able to ping 192.168.50.1 (the router) 192.168.69.2 (myself), and 192.168.69.1 (the router also)

All internet traffic seems to fail, and browsing to https://192.168.50.1:8443 never connects. I get connection reset and other inconclusive failures.
If I attempt to use 192.168.69.1 instead on any protocol or port I get connection refused.

I have tried with static routes both off and on, neither of which made any difference with routes set to point between the VPN and local subnets.

Clearly the VPN is working to some degree, since connection succeeds, but I can't do anything with it. What am I missing?

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!