What's new

CPU Core 1 Spiking 100% GT-AX6000 other cores seems no utilized. Merlin 388.1

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

No. That page has the wrong info.
Actually, that was the device that was meant to launch as the GT-AX6000, see:

Actually, that was the device that was meant to launch as the GT-AX6000, see:
That device was the GT-AX6000N. Different from the GT-AX6000. Snippet from its build profile:

Code:
BOOT_FLASH_TYPE=NAND WIFI_CHIP=QCN50X4 SWITCH_CHIP=QCA8075_PHY_AQR107
DTB="qcom-ipq807x-hk01.dtb"

Last edited:
That device was the GT-AX6000N. Different from the GT-AX6000. Snippet from its build profile:

Code:
BOOT_FLASH_TYPE=NAND WIFI_CHIP=QCN50X4 SWITCH_CHIP=QCA8075_PHY_AQR107
DTB="qcom-ipq807x-hk01.dtb"
Well, I guess that's the thing that's being confused all the time with the current GT-AX6000, despite never having launched.

Well, the QCA solution likely would have been the better one ;)

IMHO - perhaps Broadcom is getting left behind, much like Quantenna - they've grown too big and they're basically a holding company now days... they sold off half of their WIFi client portfolio to Cypress, and the rest is basically hanging on - I wonder how many hardware/firmware engineers are still there - thru layoffs and attrition - and I've heard from peers in the industry, Broadom/Avago is not a nice place to work unless one is on the high-bandwidth switching chipsets focused on the AI and Cloud.

Qualcomm and MediaTek - they're very focused on wireless, and fierce competitors in the mobile 4G/5G space, and much of that tech is trickling down into WiFi...