What's new

Voxel Custom firmware build for R9000/R8900 v. 1.0.4.74HF

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I am having a similar OpenVPN issue as peteyg82, but with RBK50. With the latest firmware update, while I can still connect to my router, I don't seem to be able to do anything else, as if there is no internet connection. I've been using the same configuration file that I downloaded based on the OpenVPN client setup instructions in the router firmware. I downloaded a new configuration file when I ran into the issue above using the old file, but it didn't help. I've never made an edit to the configuration file (because I don't know anything about editing them). The only variable that has changed has been the firmware update. I can go back to the previous firmware, but would still like to understand what is going on with the current firmware.

Thanks.

I'm sorry, but I need extra time to test OpenVPN for ORBI. No significant differences there from the R9000 though.

Voxel.

But mounting the CD/DVD-ROM is so far only from the command line (ssh/telnet), something like:

mkdir /mnt/cdrom
mount /dev/sr0 /mnt/cdrom -o utf8

The rest is for your purposes: it's homework for you.

Voxel.
Hello again Voxel!
I've updated to your latest 1.0.4.75HF today and I'm happy to report this worked, although not every disc I threw at it mounted at first (a few old cd's didn't work but actual blurays did). I should clarify, I can't play legit blurays from an AppleTV, as the files are copy protected. This is just my media player, I assumed as much. Though for my original goal of running home movies I'm confident it should work fine.

I did one last piece of homework to get SMB configured. From this thread:

I made a copy of /etc/config/samba/smb.conf and called it user.conf
Then added the following after leaving a space at the bottom

Code:
[DVD-ROM Drive]
  path=/tmp/mnt/cdrom
  read only=yes
  browsable=yes
  guest ok=yes

Followed by a quick smb restart
Code:
/etc/init.d/samba restart

Overall pretty happy with how this turned out! Thanks for the support and taking interest in this with me :)

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!