What's new

D-Link will not install

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

rmdial

New Around Here
First post.
XP, SP3, ASUS MB w/Marvell Yukon onboard adapter. Cable modem. Cannot see router.

I had a Netgear router that wirless mode stopped working so I bought this D-Link and am having nothing but trouble installing. Cannot get the router recognized. When I hook the Netgear back up for ethernet connection it works fine. I think there is a compatibility problem with Marvell Yukon and D-Link.

Also, my HP laptop with Intell adapter will not work on the wireless side. The D-Link tech says I need to call HP and find out the connection procedure for this adapter.

I am now reading where many people are not as satisfied with D-Link for different reasons. Any suggestions on another router if I return the 655? Basic two computer system but want as fast as possible and longest range like everyone else.

Thanks in advance for help.

Run an XP connection repair and check that your computer isn't set to static IP and is getting a proper IP address from the DIR-655. If it is, then try pinging the router IP address.

Tried ipconfig and pinging router not seen. Went to Control Panel, System, Device Manager, Internet Adapter, Properties and changed the Speed Duplex from Auto Negotiate to 100 mbps Full Duplex and all is working well.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!