What's new

Device to AIMESH Nodes Connection

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

clvk07

Hi Using AX86U and TUX3000 V2 as mesh. FW version 388.7. Seems that when I move upstairs the devices still stay connected to the node downstairs with low signal (1bar) if I disconnect wifi and connect again it connects to the node upstairs. Tried to change some settings but no joy. What is the best way to fix this?

Try RAISING the Roaming assistant value. Start maybe with -60...

Asus.png

Try RAISING the Roaming assistant value. Start maybe with -60...

View attachment 60259

Just don't use this if your using a aimesh node as a wireless bachhaul and do this on the radio the (aimesh node) backhaul uses. That would probably disconnect your aimesh router.

Hi Using AX86U and TUX3000 V2 as mesh. FW version 388.7. Seems that when I move upstairs the devices still stay connected to the node downstairs with low signal (1bar) if I disconnect wifi and connect again it connects to the node upstairs. Tried to change some settings but no joy. What is the best way to fix this?

Played with those settings before, don't think I got very far... Is that the only setting?

Just don't use this if your using a aimesh node as a wireless bachhaul and do this on the radio the (aimesh node) backhaul uses. That would probably disconnect your aimesh router.

Ye using as wireless backhaul. I did on both 2.4 and 5 GHZ at the time but little result

Do you reset the firmware to its default settings first before configuring it?

How far apart are your nodes/APs? Are they staggered (spread out) or located one-over-the-other?

OE

Do you reset the firmware to its default settings first before configuring it?

How far apart are your nodes/APs? Are they staggered (spread out) or located one-over-the-other?

OE

yes did that , There are about 9 meters from each other and one is upstairs Currently have set up as -85

There are about 9 meters from each other and one is upstairs

I would try moving them farther apart... distance will help and sometimes a small change in location can affect the radio space... avoid locating one directly over the other; then tune the roaming assistant signal power threshold. 9m or ~27 ft is not very far apart for radio.

Currently have set up as -85

The default is -70 dBm... increment (-68, -66, -64) from there after you have your nodes/APs spread farther apart.

Node RSSI dBm at various distances:
<-84 dBm, noise
-74 to -64, signal
>-54, too much signal when coming from multiple APs

Generally speaking, locate your nodes so that their -74 to -64 range do not overlap... emphasis on the 'method', not on the exact numbers since you can't really measure these accurately without proper equipment.

OE

Last edited: