What's new

Devices connecting to RT-AX82U, but not to the Internet ….

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

gnagyg

New Around Here
Devices connect to the router, but say “no Internet”. I’ve been playing around, trying to figure out what’s going wrong. I created a guest network without security and everything I connect to that has Internet. All this started happening just about two weeks ago and I might have upgraded to the latest firmware then. Is there something wrong with that firmware? Shall I try to go back to an earlier version and where will I find one?

I guess I just upgraded. Do I have to rebuild everything and how do I clear NVRAM?

After the upgrade, you simply do a factory reset (see the Restore/Save/Upload Settings tab). And yes, by definition, you are rebuilding from scratch. That's why it's best to take snapshots of important pages, save inputs to custom configuration fields or AddOns, perhaps save certs w/ the VPN or GUI in case you don't want to deal w/ the possibility of having new certs generated (not sure it would actually change, but just in case), etc.

It's a hassle, but dirty upgrades often do lead to wonky behavior, and not always immediately.

What did me in was that I had set automatic upgrades to yes! Thanks for the advice. I will rebuild from scratch …

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!