What's new

DHCP renew time?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

wdsmw

New Around Here
it is possible to set the DHCP Renew Time on the Merlin firmware?
I have an LTE Huawei stick with an openWRT router in brigde mode and use the RT ac87u router for all my settings for my lan and i am losing every 24 hours my connect to the Internet because of the IP change from the openWRT router. i must reboot every 24h my Asus router for the IP change.

thx

I have an LTE Huawei stick with an openWRT router in brigde mode and use the RT ac87u router for all my settings for my lan and i am losing every 24 hours my connect to the Internet because of the IP change from the openWRT router. i must reboot every 24h my Asus router for the IP change.

thx

Lease duration is configured on the server, not the client. You cannot control the duration of the lease your ISP provides you through your LTE modem.

I noticed what he is talking about when I had a power outage. I saw others complaining about it before also. It's like the router can't get a IP from the modem, or refuses to try. I had to power cycle the modem again, and the router.

So your openwrt router gets a new ip fine from the modem but the Asus thinks it can't get online anymore? Do you have a double NAT with the second router? Or the openwrt just does the bridge and that's it?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

the openwrt just does the bridge withe the nonhilink huawei stick,
wenn i power cycle off one time the openwrt all is fine!

I would try scheduling the openwrt router to reboot every day in the middle of the night. That would force it to do another dhcp query and hopefully renew the lease time.

Or maybe there is a command to make it do just the query every 12 hours instead of rebooting it.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

thx

I am wondering if the Asus WAN connection is dropping and coming back up, but the DHCP requests from the Asus router are too soon for the Huawei.

Try setting your DHCP frequency to "Normal" instead of "Aggressive" on the WAN page. There is no technical reason why Normal wouldn't work for any ISP, since all it does is wait a bit longer between sending DHCP requests to the ISP before giving up. That wait may be enough to make a difference.

You could also try to restarting the WAN with the script mentioned in:

http://www.snbforums.com/threads/problem-rt-n66-with-cable-modem-dcm-475.22268/page-2#post-164550