What's new

Difference between Linksys E3000 and WRT610N?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ElSel10

New Around Here
I want to get a good router for my home network and the WRT610N was very highly reviewed on Tom's Hardware, but on Newegg it is out of stock. They do have the E3000 for $30 cheaper though, and from what I can tell they have the exact same specs and features? What one is better?

Then I heard that on this site, the WRT610N was not reviewed as highly as on Tom's Hardware, and in fact is bested by another router that got ranked lower on Tom's (the WNDR3700).

How am I supposed to tell which one is the best?

I want to get a good router for my home network and the WRT610N was very highly reviewed on Tom's Hardware, but on Newegg it is out of stock. They do have the E3000 for $30 cheaper though, and from what I can tell they have the exact same specs and features? What one is better?

Then I heard that on this site, the WRT610N was not reviewed as highly as on Tom's Hardware, and in fact is bested by another router that got ranked lower on Tom's (the WNDR3700).

How am I supposed to tell which one is the best?

E3000 and the WRT610N same hardware.
WNDR3700 is popular
ESR-9850 is blows them away in Gig LAN to LAN, WAN to LAN and LAN to WAN in mbps. Wireless the signal is very, very strong. Although the WNDR3700 is a bit stronger. Cost more. My ESR-9850 only cost me $51 bucks. Had purchased two of them because same hardware running should produce steady network. Mix match hardware always have mix results.

The WRT610N V2 and the E3000 should be equivalent in performance.

How can you actually identify whether you have a v2 or v1 without opening the packaging?

Unfortunately, Cisco products don't ID the hardware revision on the outside package. Only on the product label itself.

The serial numbers begin differently, I believe. You can find it on the box.
Version 1 - CTG01
Version 2 - CTG11

WRT610N v2

One easy way to identify v1 from v2, the WRT610N v2 has an on/off power switch in the back, the v1 you have to unplug the power supply to power on/off.

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!