What's new

Diversion Diversion 5.1.3 - the Router Ad-Blocker, May 09, 2024

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I am confused about the Hard coded whitelist setting. If it says "1. Opt out to not support SmallNetBuilder.com", does that mean I am opted out already, or I need to select 1 to opt out? If I select it, it then says "Opt in..." and again I am confused what that means.

Last edited:
I am confused about the Hard coded whitelist setting. If it says "1. Opt out to not support SmallNetBuilder.com", does that mean I am opted out already, or I need to select 1 to opt out? If I select it, it then says "Opt in..." and again I am confused what that means.
The menu shows you what will happen if you select the option, NOT what is already set.

The menu shows you what will happen if you select the option, NOT what is already set.
Thank you. I thought that too, but wasn't sure. Is the current setting displayed anywhere? I couldn't find it, and I think that is why I got confused.

Thank you. I thought that too, but wasn't sure. Is the current setting displayed anywhere? I couldn't find it, and I think that is why I got confused.
Have to admit the wording is more than confusing. I myself had to read it twice last time I opened that option.
I'll make it foolproof, or Diversion for dummies rated 🤠

I'm just noticed some issues while streaming live sports thru Paramount Plus.

I'm using the Standard list and I have whitelisted the following:

Code:
pubads.g.doubleclick.net

However, when I look up blocked domains by IP, it's still showing under block domains.

The error I'm getting is "video currently unavailable, error code (6017).

As soon as I disable Diversion, the video stream loads normal.

I even whitelisted the domains here, but this error keeps showing up:

Code:
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/schrebra/paramount.plus.whitelist/main/hosts

Any ideas/recommendations?

For now, you need to whitelist g.doubleclick.net which will match exactly in the Oisd small list. I am sure this will be improved in a future version of Diversion.
@dave14305

And as simple as that, Paramount Plus is working again! I really appreciate it!!!

For now, you need to whitelist g.doubleclick.net which will match exactly in the Oisd small list. I am sure this will be improved in a future version of Diversion.
Can you come up with the grep or awk code to search for the nearest partial match in the blocking file if one would use the find function in b?
I’m on other things I came up with for the next release and it would save me a bunch of time ;)

Can you come up with the grep or awk code to search for the nearest partial match in the blocking file if one would use the find function in b?
awk isn’t my specialty, but I would link you would want to make any parts of a name longer than 2 labels optional. And make sure you don’t pick up partial labels.
Code:
echo $listadd | awk 'BEGIN{FS="."}{printf "^(local=/|address=/|server=/)?";for(f=1;f<(NF-1);f++)printf "(%s\\.)?",$f;print $(NF-1)"\\."$(NF)"\\b"}'
Code:
# listadd="pubads.g.doubleclick.net"
# echo $listadd | awk 'BEGIN{FS="."}{printf "^(local=/|address=/|server=/)?";for(f=1;f<(NF-1);f++)printf "(%s\\.)?",$f;print $(NF-1)"\\."$(NF)"\\b"}'
^(local=/|address=/|server=/)?(pubads.)?(g.)?doubleclick.net\b
This isn’t foolproof though. Hopefully more awk experts chime in.

Some newspapers use disqus.com as some comment section and i want to block this. Apparently it does not work as intended and i guess they use some subdomains (without further investigation).

In diversion blacklist section this is stated "The blacklist blocks exact domains not contained in the blocking list".

Using a wildcard does not work with diversion.
Can this be implemented?

Some newspapers use disqus.com as some comment section and i want to block this. Apparently it does not work as intended and i guess they use some subdomains (without further investigation).

In diversion blacklist section this is stated "The blacklist blocks exact domains not contained in the blocking list".

Using a wildcard does not work with diversion.
Can this be implemented?
In 5.0, it actually will work as a wildcard block. Adding disqus.com should block all sub-domains.

Awk (and general regexp) related questions are what I usually throw at ChatGPT.
Apparently Googles Gemini Pro is superior to Gpt4 in math and code. [source 1, source 2], I use it freely and anonymously on Poe.com, or using the poe app, (windows/ios/andriod) with 75 times a day free use limit. All that was needed for sign up was a disposable email, in the phone app version, whereas at the time the website required a phone number. https://emailsilo.net/ is a relatively unknown disposable email service that isn't widely blocked.

update: those benchmarks are based on gemini ultra, not sure how that compares to pro. worth a try though.

update:

Mathematical Skills​

Both models demonstrate proficiency in mathematical reasoning, with Gemini Pro slightly edging out in some benchmarks. This suggests its suitability for both educational and complex mathematical problem-solving applications.

Coding Capabilities​

In code generation tasks, Gemini Pro consistently outperforms GPT-4, indicating its potential in software development and algorithm design.

Last edited:

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!