What's new

DNScrypt dnscrypt installer for asuswrt

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Hi everyone, im new here and im new at all this scrypts, so im needing some help.. I bought an asus router to use instead of isp router, and im trying to conect my tv box on it, but my box uses both iptv and internet to acess apps and all that. so i need to change vlans for both settings, my router doesnt have a tomato version so my only way is with scripts correct?
if someone can explain me what i need to do, i know im a nooby but i can learn fast xD

Hi everyone, im new here and im new at all this scrypts, so im needing some help.. I bought an asus router to use instead of isp router, and im trying to conect my tv box on it, but my box uses both iptv and internet to acess apps and all that. so i need to change vlans for both settings, my router doesnt have a tomato version so my only way is with scripts correct?
if someone can explain me what i need to do, i know im a nooby but i can learn fast xD
There is an IPTV tab in lan settings tab. If you know the vlan info for your isp you can enter it here and ditch the modem plus set your igmp and whatever.

There is an IPTV tab in lan settings tab. If you know the vlan info for your isp you can enter it here and ditch the modem plus set your igmp and whatever.
u clearly dont read what i sayd.. i mean i need 2 vlans on same port, to get iptv+net on same port.. that i already did

u clearly dont read what i sayd.. i mean i need 2 vlans on same port, to get iptv+net on same port.. that i already did
The other thing you could do is start a thread of your own instead of hijacking this one. Sorry I was of little help to you.

@bigeyes0x0

Entware repose now contain the stubby dns over tls package,

https://github.com/Entware/Entware-ng/issues/841
Some dnscrypt servers also support dns over tls. For example securedns.eu offers tls along side dnscrypt: https://securedns.eu/

It was merged with Entware repos in the last 21 days or so. I've looked into it a bit and it appears to have certain benefits over Dnscrypt; other than the fact the programmer behind dnscrypt have shown signs they may abandon the project. Or already has, I'm not sure on the status now. I believe someone else may be holding the torch now. The creator of dnscrypt abandoned the project in favor of dns over tls. One benefit in particular the fact that TLS is a very popular and widely used protocol that doesn't set off red flags due to its obscurity by popularity, giving it a leg up; Its also more secure and less susceptible to fingerprinting techniques. [1] [2] and android devices now support dns over tls by default.

Have you ever considered merging stubby into your installer?
You can try to convince Jedisct ( maker of dnscrypt-proxy ) about including dns over tls... but I bet you will be shoot down.. hahaha...
it is believed that doh will be taking over tls and dnscrypt in near future with Google and cloudflare leading them. Let’s see..

My DNS 1.1.1.1 wasn't working this morning, DNScrypt Installer hang after I selected from amtm menu. I manually powered off/on the router and it is working fine since. Is this something I shouldn't worry?

My DNS 1.1.1.1 wasn't working this morning, DNScrypt Installer hang after I selected from amtm menu. I manually powered off/on the router and it is working fine since. Is this something I shouldn't worry?
Yes! :eek:
Without DNS you have not access to the wonderful world of WWW! :(

That's the reason I have setup 3 instances of DNCcrypt against 3 different DNS servers - if one or two fails I still have DNS access... :cool:

I choose to select servers automatically, using the most secure choices. I'm on the west coast USA and most time cloudflare is chosen with the least latency, but not always. Since Cloudflare DNS 1.1.1.1 was not chosen in the last run in my log, there seems to be access issues. A fallback is good, IMHO, or as an engineer friend states "repetative rudundancy".

Apr 1 13:36:11 dnscrypt-proxy[12519]: Server with the lowest initial latency: cloudflare (rtt: 19ms)

Apr 6 11:10:27 dnscrypt-proxy[725]: [d0wn-lv-ns2] TIMEOUT
Apr 6 11:10:30 dnscrypt-proxy[725]: [d0wn-se-ns2] TIMEOUT
Apr 6 11:10:31 dnscrypt-proxy[725]: [dnscrypt.name] TIMEOUT
Apr 6 11:10:35 dnscrypt-proxy[725]: [lazarus-dns] TIMEOUT
Apr 6 11:10:41 dnscrypt-proxy[725]: Server with the lowest initial latency: freetsa.org (rtt: 29ms)

Code:
Info:  Choose how your DNS servers are selected:
  1) Automatically
  2) Manually
 =>  Select your mode, [1-2]: 1
 =>  Use servers support the DNSCrypt protocol [y/n]: y
 =>  Use servers support the DNS-over-HTTPS protocol [y/n]: y
 =>  Use only servers support DNSSEC [y/n]: y
 =>  Use only servers that do not log user's queries [y/n]: y
 =>  Use only servers that do not filter result [y/n]: y
 Info:  Set a DNS server for initializing dnscrypt-proxy
 Info:  and router services (e.g. ntp) at boot
 =>  Default is 8.8.8.8: 1.1.1.1
 =>  Set log level, default is 2, 0 is the most verbose, [0-6]: 2
 Info:  Writing dnscrypt-proxy configuration...

I choose to select servers automatically, using the most secure choices. I'm on the west coast USA and most time cloudflare is chosen with the least latency, but not always. Since Cloudflare DNS 1.1.1.1 was not chosen in the last run in my log, there seems to be access issues. A fallback is good, IMHO, or as an engineer friend states "repetative rudundancy".

Apr 1 13:36:11 dnscrypt-proxy[12519]: Server with the lowest initial latency: cloudflare (rtt: 19ms)

Apr 6 11:10:27 dnscrypt-proxy[725]: [d0wn-lv-ns2] TIMEOUT
Apr 6 11:10:30 dnscrypt-proxy[725]: [d0wn-se-ns2] TIMEOUT
Apr 6 11:10:31 dnscrypt-proxy[725]: [dnscrypt.name] TIMEOUT
Apr 6 11:10:35 dnscrypt-proxy[725]: [lazarus-dns] TIMEOUT
Apr 6 11:10:41 dnscrypt-proxy[725]: Server with the lowest initial latency: freetsa.org (rtt: 29ms)

Code:
Info:  Choose how your DNS servers are selected:
  1) Automatically
  2) Manually
 =>  Select your mode, [1-2]: 1
 =>  Use servers support the DNSCrypt protocol [y/n]: y
 =>  Use servers support the DNS-over-HTTPS protocol [y/n]: y
 =>  Use only servers support DNSSEC [y/n]: y
 =>  Use only servers that do not log user's queries [y/n]: y
 =>  Use only servers that do not filter result [y/n]: y
 Info:  Set a DNS server for initializing dnscrypt-proxy
 Info:  and router services (e.g. ntp) at boot
 =>  Default is 8.8.8.8: 1.1.1.1
 =>  Set log level, default is 2, 0 is the most verbose, [0-6]: 2
 Info:  Writing dnscrypt-proxy configuration...

Thanks a lot!! I will do that.

Yes! :eek:
Without DNS you have not access to the wonderful world of WWW! :(

That's the reason I have setup 3 instances of DNCcrypt against 3 different DNS servers - if one or two fails I still have DNS access... :cool:

Can You write how put in 3 different DNS servers, please ?

Can You write how put in 3 different DNS servers, please ?
Edit the toml file manually. Located at /jffs/dnscrypt/dnscrypt-proxy.toml
Under server_names
Use , to separate the dns name
The dns name can be found at
https://dnscrypt.info/public-servers

After save. Use the following command to restart dnscrypt-proxy
/jffs/dnscrypt/manager dnscrypt-start

I'm new to dnccypt. is this supposed to run your DNS queries to encrypted DNS servers around the world?

if my router is hard coded with PIA VPN's DNS servers, and I install dncrypt windows client, will my DNS searches no longer be resolved by PIA?

Cheers for this installer. Was having a hell of a time doing it manually. I've got this configured pretty open at home with automatic which works well being in Seattle (thanks EvilVibes!). But, for my somewhat small office (~20ish) there are definitely some locations we would never like to be an option. While I have no personal problem with EV... boss is not so hot on the lack of information besides that it appears to be a one-person operation.

It's relatively easy to go in and nano the potential resolvers list so that's not a big issue. We still want a wide net, but there are some locales and servers we'd never want to touch making it easier to simply modify the existing file. Was hoping there is some sort of walkthrough to configure minisign in jffs or to sign the list on device since edit/saving triggers a failed hash. Trying to configure this as easily as possible for others. Yes, we should be using more enterprise level hardware at various points... Long story.:rolleyes: