What's new

Draytek Vigor 2820n wifi problem

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

itsfuzzy

New Around Here
I am having a head wrecking issue with a Draytek 2820n i installed for a client. Its just connecting to it with wifi from a Dell Inspiron N5010 Win 7 64bit. It connects to the router then internet access drops, comes back drops again and goes in a loop like this. I though maybe it was DNS so i set open dns and then google dns on the router and no luck, did the same for his wifi adapter and no luck. I updated his wifi card, a broadcom half wifi card to latest driver and still the same. If i cable up the laptop to the router it works fine, and the really weird thing is when i re installed his old Zyxel modem router his wifi works fine! I even set all the Drayteks wifi settings to match the Zyxels, and it still drops im at at a loss! All other wifi devices on the network can connect

"Its just connecting to it [router] with wifi ..."
Does that mean the PC associates but does not get a DHCP-assigned IP address/gateway, and elects to de-associate and try again?

If so, the DHCP failure is often due to an encryption type/mode/key mismatch.

Otherwise, try a static IP on the PC to eliminate DHCP from the suspects.

"Its just connecting to it [router] with wifi ..."
Does that mean the PC associates but does not get a DHCP-assigned IP address/gateway, and elects to de-associate and try again?

If so, the DHCP failure is often due to an encryption type/mode/key mismatch.

Otherwise, try a static IP on the PC to eliminate DHCP from the suspects.

Yes it does get an IP from DHCP, but it does not allow the laptop to go onto the internet. It can connect to the admin page of the router if it desires, but no traffic is routed onto the internet. I just get the yellow exclamation mark intermittently on the wifi status bar that indicates no internet access, i cant figure it out at all.

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!