What's new

Drivers

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

fj2fjr

Occasional Visitor
Does anyone know where to find a windows 7 64bit driver for a Atheros AR9280 AR5BHB92 Half Mini PCI-E Wireless Card? I have searched and all I can find are sites that want to have you download a driver updating tool. All I want is the driver, any help would be appreciated.

Last edited:
Does anyone know where to find a windows 7 64bit driver for a Atheros AR9280 AR5BHB92 Half Mini PCI-E Wireless Card? I have searched and all I can find are sites that want to have you download a driver updating tool. All I want is the driver, any help would be appreciated.

Which model and brand PC do you have? Most of these drivers only seem to be available from the manufacturer of the PC when it comes to the Atheros. Now Microsoft Windows Updates will push an updated to your system too.

I've been looking for update to the below driver myself:

Atheros AR8161/8165 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller Drivers
Windows 7/Windows Server 2008 R2 (64 bit) Atheros 2.0.15.16 (4/25/2012)

So I had contacted device maker and got this answer:

qca.info qca.info@qca.qualcomm.com
Jul 26

to me

If you are not a direct Qualcomm Atheros customer and require driver support or customer service related to drivers, please contact the manufacturer of the product or system you purchased. We suggest you refer to the manufacturer’s website, as they typically offer online technical support pages where software drivers, updates, and other related information can be obtained.

We thank you for purchasing a Qualcomm Atheros-enabled product.

Qualcomm Atheros

Last edited:
Tipstir, thanks for the info but I've already tried that. The card is a Dell DW1515 that I got off of EBAY that I'm trying to put into a Dell 2320 all in one desktop running windows 7. Dell sent the 2320 with what they advertised as an "N" wireless card, what I got was a "150-N" card. It will only run at 54mbs on the 2.4Ghz side of my WNDR3700. I called them and they didn't offer any other card for it but, the tech believed as I do that I should be able to upgrade the card myself with the proper driver. I tried Dell’s website with no luck. I’ve got drivers for Atheros cards before at (http://www.atheros.cz) but lately it’s been like wading through a jungle of advertising and false download “Click Here’s’” to get what I need. I'll keep trying, if it wasn't easy it wounldn't be any fun,..... right? :confused:

Solved

I found the driver I was looking for, it was at "www.atheros.cz" after all. I kept working the site to find that when I did click the right download link that it took 20~30 seconds before it would start to download, threw me off for awhile, but perseverance pays off again! And the card is working fine! :D

I've been to that site and can't find what I need when I first had this issue. I'll keep going after HP though.

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!