What's new

Dual AC-68 WAN with two Cat5 output radio receivers

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

faunus

Occasional Visitor
Here's a question about how to increase the bandwidth of my rural connection. Any input would be much appreciated!

As a rural resident internet connectivity is both expensive and poor. I pay $120.00 a month for a 6Mps/2Mbps 2.5Ghz radio connection. I would like to hook in another company's local radio service (Xplorenet stream 10Mbs/1Mbps) and so more than double my capacity.

The problem is both radios have cat5 output and I need one to have USB for my AC-68 router.

I understand that you can get adapters (cat5 to USB) but would it work?

Perhaps I could run the second cat5 into another router and output to the AC-68 via USB?

Any thoughts or suggestions would be much appreciated!

I'm not understanding why you can't use the dual wan features and therefore; both cat5 outputs?

I'm not understanding why you can't use the dual wan features and therefore; both cat5 outputs?

Ooops.... hopefully!

I was of the understanding that dual WAN was via USB. After looking at my firmware I see that also has a LAN option for dual WAN. It seems that I can just plug the other modem/antenna output into one of the LAN ports. I could swear this was missing in my original firmware.

Getting very close to my three score and ten.... that's my excuse!

Thank you for setting me straight. Much appreciated.

Ooops.... hopefully!

I was of the understanding that dual WAN was via USB. After looking at my firmware I see that also has a LAN option for dual WAN. It seems that I can just plug the other modem/antenna output into one of the LAN ports. I could swear this was missing in my original firmware.

Getting very close to my three score and ten.... that's my excuse!

Thank you for setting me straight. Much appreciated.

Full Dual WAN is something Asus enabled only a few months ago. Previously, there was only the 3G/4G failover mode.

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!