What's new

[Dual WAN] Port forwarding issue in Load balance mode

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

lgmim

New Around Here
Hi to all.

I am running RT-N66U with
- Operation Mode:Wireless router
- Firmware:3.0.0.4.374.34_2 (Merlin build)

I have setup with two ISP providers, static IP configuration.

ISP 1 - WAN port
ISP 2 - LAN 1 port

Dual WAN Mode - Load Balance

I have setup for multiple port forwarders of external ports to inetrenal IP, that are working without any issue with one ISP connected to the WAN port.
Port forwarders are working in Dual WAN - Fail Over mode.

When I activate Dual WAN, the internal LAN clients have no problem accessing the Internet, but the remote access to forwarded ports from the Internet is not operational on both IP adresses for the Primary WAN and Secondary WAN.

Does someone have any idea why port forwarders are not working at all in Dual WAN mode: Load balance, and how to fix this issue in settings?

Hi,
first I use the FW 34_2 and also the DW but with some distingue :
1) I use the "loadBalance" mode only when I need to download fast and I go back to "failover" for normal use
2) in "loadbalance" connection ( under normal use ) are dropped after few time so this create me some problem when I need a stable connection .
So I suggerst you to don't use "loadbalance" with port forward, at list until ASUS ( not Merlin ) don't fix the dropping connection, in the "failover" only the primary WAN is "active" so no way to connect using second WAN IP
hope this help
;)