What's new

Effect of Adding extra antenna on rt-ac68u ..

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Raga

Occasional Visitor
Hello guys, i finally managed to buy a new router again from asus after busting rtn66u now i opted for rtac68u, now i wanna know if am going to use those antennas from my old rtn66u to add with rtac68u using rp-sma male to t-type female splitter ill be ending up with two antennas per main connector so will there be any significant performance boost in the range? Just wanted to know before getting some splitters..Thank you ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I understand, i just wanted to scrap the antenna from the broken unit..

Doesn't help out at all - but you can keep those antennae as spares... just in case ;)

Doesn't help out at all - but you can keep those antennae as spares... just in case ;)
Good idea! And will it be good idea to put usb 802.11ac adapter in all my existing pc to attain maximum and speediest file transfer rates none of the pc on my network has usb3.0 but all ac adapters comes with usb3.0 cant attain the full speed of 1200mbps on my usb2.0 right?

Why do that? The existing antenna are dual band and it works great as is.

Hi, I was wondering about this.... Are the antennas on AC68U dual band? I thought they were 2.4 Ghz, and the 5Ghz ones are internal.

I was planning to change the stock antennas on AC68U with TPLink 5dB antennas (which I assume 2.4Ghz only) as the stock ones are 3.5 dB only. I am happy that I didn't do that.

Hi, I was wondering about this.... Are the antennas on AC68U dual band? I thought they were 2.4 Ghz, and the 5Ghz ones are internal.

I was planning to change the stock antennas on AC68U with TPLink 5dB antennas (which I assume 2.4Ghz only) as the stock ones are 3.5 dB only. I am happy that I didn't do that.

Yes, they are dual-band...

Stick with the factory antennas - they're matched to the Radios, and provide the best all-around performance...

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!