What's new

Engenius Routers?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Synomenon

Regular Contributor
Are Engenius routers any good? I'm looking for a new router for home use. This router will go in the networking closet and will have a few access points connected to it along with some network switches.

I currently have an older N600 router in this house and am interested in either the:

Engenius ESR900
http://www.engeniustech.com/home-networking/routers/16738-esr900

or

Engenius ESR1750
http://www.engeniustech.com/home-networking/routers/16743-esr1750

Does the ESR1750 use a 2nd gen. AC chipset? How does the ESR900 compare to a WD MyNet N900? How about the ESR1750 to a D-Link DIR-868L?

yes, a just 3 or so. Outdoor packaged, used as access point.
Good, well done firmware.
They were/are owned by a large semiconductor company. Not a garage shop.

Haven't used their latest WiFi routers.

Last edited:
Been using them since ESR9850 had two of those back in 2010. Then a few of their travel routers and ESR300H and ESR600H. ESR600H is what I've been using since 2012.

They now have newer models and they're learn a lot from me too. I've told them what they need to use and how to get the SOHO line the home like up to stuff. So the ESR600H has a lot of what I've suggested in it.

600MHz NPU
256MB of DDR3 RAM
2x 5dBi = 10dBi SMA 2.4GHz
2x 5dBi = 10dBi Internal 5.0GHz
Extended Range
High Power
HD Streaming 1080p
Dual USB
Power On/Off Switch
WiFi Power On/Off switch
NAT Turbine 800MBps
Gigabit 4x LAN Ports
Gigabit 1x WAN Ports
802.11a/b/g/n WLAN/WWAN
High Packet Buffers

This one can go through cement blocks with a very strong signal. I which I use on my network streamer into the outdoor patio. So you can see you get a lot good hardware.

Now ESR350H and higher disc type puts you more in line in their business SMB line. Outdoor ones have stronger mW than the indoor type. But that's all changing now.

ESR350
ESR600
ESR900
ESR1200
ESR1750

These are newer line for 2013/2014. Supporting AC VHT Very High Throughput.

How would it be with, say, 100 watts?

The walls around this house is solid cinder cement block with metal storm doors and ESR600H can punch a strong single through it. I use my SONY SMP-N100 Network Media Player @ 802.11n outside in the patio connected to Toshiba HDTV to Philips all-in-one 5.1 Surround System 1000 watts. I can watch anything off my NSA 325, or off the SONY SMP-N100 like Netflix in HD 1080p you name. No issues.

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!