What's new

Anyone tried the ExpertWifi routers yet? EBR63, EBM68

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

And why you want the most unpopular one from Asus? Access points with native VLAN support are available for under $100, multiple brands and shapes.
I'm already in an Asus AIMesh environment, so I figured sticking with an Asus AP would be path of least resistance

It’s like paying more for unused features and increasing the number of devices you don’t really need. At some point the cost will exceed few true APs along with PoE switch and network controller.

Did you ever figure out whether the EBR63 supports VLANs while in AP Mode? I have the exact situation (PFSense routing. I just need a wireless AP).

EBA63 does so it should as well. You may have to use the app to initialize it.

If you understand networking, vlans, and plan to stick with pfsense for your main router, go buy a TUF-AX4200 or TUF-AX6000 and flash openwrt to get a 2.5G vlan aware AP that isn't locked into some stupid enterprise controller or ecosystem.

I'm already in an Asus AIMesh environment, so I figured sticking with an Asus AP would be path of least resistance
You said you are using pfsense. ??

Vlans with aimesh = 3.0.0.6 router that supports Guest Networking Pro + 3.0.0.6 nodes that supports Guest Networking Pro

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!