What's new

Entware Entware repository update: August 8, 2024

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

thelonelycoder

Part of the Furniture
The Entware team has updated a bunch of packages. The changelog can be found here.
My mirror https://entware.diversion.ch/ is updating at the moment, it will take about an hour or so to finish.

I've found that the armv7sf-k3.2 is missing the Packages.html file and reported it to the team.

Interesting - I see then now support grpcurl.
I had compiled a version for aarch64 routers for use with Starlink (my starlnk addon).
I have updated my addon to now support the Entware version. This allows all Asuswrt-merlin routers to now run starlnk.

I also see they added iptraf-ng. Lots of data flowing on the screen ;-)

Interesting - I see then now support grpcurl.
I had compiled a version for aarch64 routers for use with Starlink (my starlnk addon).
I have updated my addon to now support the Entware version. This allows all Asuswrt-merlin routers to now run starlnk.

I also see they added iptraf-ng. Lots of data flowing on the screen ;-)
iptraf-ng is going to keep me entertained for a while !!!
Thanks for the heads up.

@ryzhov_al is the best! Always responsive.

@ryzhov_al - thanks for adding gprcurl!

I did the update/upgrade. Lots of libs and apps upgraded. So far, so good!
Plus, I'm protected by BACKUPMON if there are any problems.

Didn’t play nice with unbound manager even tho I stopped unbound before updating Entware. Reboot + reinstall solved it.

Didn’t play nice with unbound manager even tho I stopped unbound before updating Entware. Reboot + reinstall solved it.
That is typical for unbound manager with EVERY entware update — simple update of unbound manager to resolve.

Didn't play nice with Scribe either (all lines in config file replaced by version number 4.7). I'm pretty sure we have discussed that on this forum before, but search is failing on me.

Ditto.

I got a failure downloading S02haveged while performing the update to unbound 1.20.
An 'uninstall/reinstall' worked, which included downloading the same S02haveged file !!!???

That is typical for unbound manager with EVERY entware update — simple update of unbound manager to resolve.
Yes but before, stopping unbound manager before updating was the easy workaround. Was lazily updating Entware from Termius app, so didn't see error message :p

Out of topic. I am glad everything are stable, at least with the firmware/add-ons I am using (only come on here to see people with VPN woes). Good work from add-ons dev/maintainer 🫡

Code:
WebUI for uiDivStats is available at:
WebUI page not found

scMerlin, uiDivStats, unbound manager, ntpMerlin WebUI mostly gone

Didn't play nice with Scribe either (all lines in config file replaced by version number 4.7). I'm pretty sure we have discussed that on this forum before, but search is failing on me.
Yes. The problem is that this line
Code:
        sed -i "s/$sng_conf_vers.*/$sng_vers/" $sng_conf
in the sync_conf() module seems to match to every line in the .conf file.

All it is doing is updating the @version=4.x line to whatever the newest syslog-ng (in this case, 4.7.1) is, so that syslog-ng doesn't disable any newer things introduced in the new version.

EDIT: There is actually something interesting here. Syslog-ng won't start without a @version statement, but works fine with a 3.x statement. 4.x expanded types that syslog-ng could handle. I hazard a guess that no one here is using anything in syslog-ng that wasn't present back in 3.6, so all this is doing is silencing what otherwise would be a warning in the log file that syslog-ng is starting in a way that doesn't use features supported by later versions. But starting with 4.7, old things are being dropped, so at some point running the most current version might break things. Starting with 4.8, Syslog-ng will start without a @version statement. It is now being offered that it could be @version=current, so users don't have to edit their .conf each time. You could do that, but risks, of course, a really big failure if your .conf file triggers something not included.

I think what I am going to do is edit scribe to disable the (mindless) version change by commenting out the three places where the function is invoked.

Last edited:
Just because my CFO will yell at me if I break something, does upgrading entware have no issues with AGH? It seems like every time I do an entware upgrade, something breaks.

Just because my CFO will yell at me if I break something, does upgrading entware have no issues with AGH? It seems like every time I do an entware upgrade, something breaks.
Just in case, make a full backup. If it fails you can go back to your working configuration.

My unbound broke after the entware upgrade and would not start. Had to re-install just unbound but luckily the DNS cache stayed! Updating unbound did not work as others mentioned. I also did not stop it prior to the entware update so maybe its on me.

My unbound broke after the entware upgrade and would not start. Had to re-install just unbound but luckily the DNS cache stayed! Updating unbound did not work as others mentioned. I also did not stop it prior to the entware update so maybe its on me.
Same experience here. This time I forgot to stop Unbound first as I had done before.

I have been trying to figure out the nano setup, so I can add/enable highlighting. Any pointers anyone?

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!