What's new

Ethernet cable from PC to Access Point

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Minkynuts

New Around Here
I have a problem I have to solve very soon and I hope people here can help.
next month I have to photographicly cover a large outdoor sporting event, with many sports going on at the same time. I will have 3 photographers covering different sports, ie, 100m hurdles, discus, high jump. I want each to have a small laptop in a rucksack on their back. The cameras will connect to the laptop via a USB cable wher the photos will be transfered teathered . I want the laptop to then connect to a Wifi access point that can also be carried in the rucksack so it can be powered by a 6 volt battery and then the signal from the access point transmitted to a central work station, so the work station can locate folders on the laptop and take photos off the laptop for printing. I was looking at the Picostation access point

Rob

The most is about 500 yards
If you get a central access point with a strong radio and mount it high, your clients may be able to connect. But near the range limits, throughput will be very low and perhaps unusable for your application (transferring many large files).

You might have a shot using the Picostation. But no guarantees.

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!