What's new

[EX7000] Unexpected loss of Internet, though still "connected"

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Droidrat

Regular Contributor
I have been using an EX7000 for over a year in conjunction with an R7800. From time to time (maybe every 3 weeks), the laptop that is connected to the EX7000 (using the 5 Mhz band) will report "Connected, No Internet." The solution is to reboot the EX7000, and then everything works perfectly again.

Loss of Internet connectivity is not ideal, of course. The problem is not a recent one, and has not been improved (or affected) by the firmware upgrades.

Has anyone had this experience? Does anyone know how to fix it?

Hi, it is just guessing but the first things i would try is moving the extender closer to the R7800 or changing the channel.

Hi, it is just guessing but the first things i would try is moving the extender closer to the R7800 or changing the channel.
Thank you for your response.

It is a reasonable suggestion, but that isn't the problem. The extender is perhaps only 25 feet from the router, with no material intervening walls. The signal strength at the extender is measured at 1300 Mbps, which is very strong. The channel is 153, and WifiInfoView shows a strong signal and no material channel interference. There is never a degradation in the signal strength ... it either works or it doesn't.

A search of the Netgear forum reveals reports that might be a description of the same problem (though characterized somewhat differently). It is most likely a problem with the firmware, and the Netgear firmware is never the best. I wish that @Voxel also supported the EX7000.

Too bad, it was just a suggestion. I own a EX7700 (which is currently stored in a box), also problems with stability. Just the R7800 with limited reception on the second floor is working way better for me.

I'm thinking about Orbi which should eliminate all the problems (and is supported by @Voxel), but is expensive.

Thank you for your response.

It is a reasonable suggestion, but that isn't the problem. The extender is perhaps only 25 feet from the router, with no material intervening walls. The signal strength at the extender is measured at 1300 Mbps, which is very strong. The channel is 153, and WifiInfoView shows a strong signal and no material channel interference. There is never a degradation in the signal strength ... it either works or it doesn't.

A search of the Netgear forum reveals reports that might be a description of the same problem (though characterized somewhat differently). It is most likely a problem with the firmware, and the Netgear firmware is never the best. I wish that @Voxel also supported the EX7000.

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!

Members online