What's new

Firmware Notification via email

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Naftali Oziel

Regular Contributor
Hi Merlin,

Is it possible to incorporate new firmware notification via email, not sure if this can be added to your future 380.65 release?

Thanks,

Understood the notification works when you're in the GUI. My request is that even if am not in the GUI the system sends out an email that there is a new firmware available similar to Synology DSM.

He was referring you to this paragraph in that thread's announcement:

There is no notification outside of the webui (i.e. no email notification) at this time. Part of why is because Asus seems to be working on a revamped notification subsystem for a future firmware. Since I do not know what are their plan for this new notification system, I'd rather not waste my time developing something they might no longer work or become redundant in the near future. If down the road they end up not adding any Email notification capability, then I will consider possibly implementing one (but no promises).