What's new

FlexQoS FlexQoS 1.0 - Flexible QoS Enhancement Script for Adaptive QoS

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

It should get added to the GUI when the firewall starts during boot up. Or if you press Apply on the QoS page. Otherwise, check your system log for errors.

Aparently script didn't add flexqos start line into my existing custom firewall script. After updating to latest, it added it.

hello @dave14305

recently i have been seeing a lot of these errors on the log

i was in 0.9.2 until now. ill be looking the log for more errors
Usually it happens when we can’t determine the correct WAN interface name. Can you post the flexqos debug output?

Bug in your approach to "reserve" a new slot?
Code:
Jul 11 03:30:00 RT-AC86U warning FlexQoS: /jffs/addons/flexqos/flexqos.sh (pid=18106) called with 1 args: -check
Jul 11 03:30:00 RT-AC86U warning FlexQoS: No API slots available to install web page
Jul 11 03:30:01 RT-AC86U warning FlexQoS: No TC modifications necessary
FlexQoS is still happily occupying user10
Yes indeed a bug. I feel safe in assuming all slots were actually occupied with pages in your case? I need to test for no slots and no previous entry.

Since it wasn’t matching an existing file during the persistence check, I’m guessing the same issue occurred during the last update?

Last edited:
I dont exactly know what you need but here it is :D

is it good lets say to set the max badwith on web surfing to 70% so that it dont interfere with gaming that much ?

And can someone explain me what exactly the minimun reserved bandwith mean ?

I also try to use more bandwith Reserve for gaming and with These settings does it work?

Attachments

• 1.PNG
    1.PNG
    344.2 KB · Views: 146
  • 2.PNG
    2.PNG
    192.3 KB · Views: 146
  • 3.PNG
    3.PNG
    347.6 KB · Views: 156
  • 4.PNG
    4.PNG
    256.4 KB · Views: 146
  • 6.PNG
    6.PNG
    139.8 KB · Views: 149
Last edited:

is it good lets say to set the max badwith on web surfing to 70% so that it dont interfere with gaming that much ?

I also try to use more bandwith Reserve for gaming and with These settings does it work?
Gaming traffic doesn't need much bandwidth. I would honestly leave those settings to default.

All your traffic will show as Gaming because you have a blank rule for Gaming as the last rule. You should delete the last 4 rules since they override everything else. And your first rule in the list is supposed to have a local IP or CIDR defined. You should really just reset the rules and start over.

It reminds me that I need to implement blank rule checking and duplicate rule checking, which are two features I lost when I switched to the tableApi method.

so you think i should delet this rules ?
also i dont have set any rules bevore?
If i set a local ip than everything from my pc goes into gaming and i want also streaming seperate.

I have reseted the rules i dont know why there were so much rules i didnt changed anything

Attachments

• 10.PNG
    10.PNG
    87.1 KB · Views: 125
Hi Dave,

Would you happen to know if FlexQoS has the iptables6 rule already set up (hard coded) to divert IPv6 USENET traffic (binary downloads) to the "File Transfers" category?

FYI I had to manually add that rule to my copy of FreshJR QoS v8.8; so it wouldn't be in Flex unless you added it yourself.

Last edited:
Hi Dave,

Would you happen to know if FlexQoS has the iptables6 rule already set up (hard coded) to divert IPv6 USENET traffic (binary downloads) to the "File Transfers" category?

FYI I had to manually add that rule to my copy of FreshJR QoS v8.8; so it wouldn't be in Flex unless you added it yourself.
All iptables rules that do not specify any IPv4 addresses are also added with ip6tables.

@dave14305 I hope you don't mind me making a silly request? Is it possible when using the new search appdb feature in 0.9.3 to make it when you select an app name to not only make the mark show up but it change the class drop down to the default category for that app? This would make it easier to tell if I need to move an app to another category or if it is good where it is by default. Thank you for all your hard work, it's amazing!

I feel like this could prevent accidental duplication. For example, (we know sometimes Trends category s don't always make sense) you have XYZ app and in the appdb it's defaulting to "Others" but you expect it would default to "VOIP" and you make duplicate rule to move it to "Others". With this you could check the default category first (like in SSH appdb) and then change the drop down if a change is actually necessary.

Last edited:
@dave14305 I hope you don't mind me making a silly request? Is it possible when using the new search appdb feature in 0.9.3 to make it when you select an app name to not only make the mark show up but it change the class drop down to the default category for that app? This would make it easier to tell if I need to move an app to another category or if it is good where it is by default. Thank you for all your hard work, it's amazing!
That will have to go on the back burner since I don't keep track of that category in the WebUI now. Plus, it's not guaranteed to be accurate if you have AppDB wildcard rules defined. An interesting idea once I get the basics taken care of for 1.0.

That will have to go on the back burner since I don't keep track of that category in the WebUI now. Plus, it's not guaranteed to be accurate if you have AppDB wildcard rules defined. An interesting idea once I get the basics taken care of for 1.0.
I only ask b/c I'm finding myself still having to use SSH appdb to verify the default category before making a rule, so (for me at least) it's not really saving me any time to know just the mark. I'm not to sound ungrateful b/c it is truly a wonderful improvement over Fresh's!

Hi @dave14305, like @skeal I've also been trying cake and whilst it's amazing at queue management, it shares bandwidth equally which isn't always what's needed when my limited bandwidth is oversubscribed. For this reason I'm also back on Adaptive QoS testing your script (at least for a while;)). Thanks for your hard work - it was very brave to pick up where FreshJR left off and I can imagine there's been times you've wondered whether you've made a huge mistake. It's really appreciated.

I have a question - would it be possible to change the FlexQoS tab in the gui so that the tracked connections show a traffic level, or perhaps when the filter is applied to the tracked connections list it also gets applied to the pie chart and traffic tables? It's great seeing which connections are open from a device, but it would be even better if I could see how much traffic each connection (or category) is generating?

Heyy now that i have you have set i should Reset the ip rule it doesnt track cs go in the right category, it flows into others?

how can i add cs go that all of this application flows into gaming ?

I have tried set up the gaming rule but it dont show up in the script

I think i need to Go back to FreshJR because it worked way better!

Sadly not even the biggest fps game is recogniced properly

its really sad that i have to switch to an old script just because its to hard to priorize the biggest game in esports. nice job i tried all rules nothing is workig i dont see even a rule that says rule1 for example

is there not a way that lets say all of the traffic that my pc have and is categoried into gaming ??

Do you even play games to See if it works?

Attachments

• 15.PNG
    15.PNG
    52.2 KB · Views: 114
Last edited:

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!