What's new

Flint 2 (GL-MT6000) vs ASUS RT-AX88U PRO AX6000

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Hello,

I was looking to understand what do you all this think of the below is a better option for the next 5 years. I live in an apartment, have a NAS and do not plan on creating a mesh network anytime soon.

I have narrowed myself down to ASUS RT-AX88U PRO AX6000 or Gl.iNet Flint 2 (GL-MT6000). Looking at the specs:

RT-AX88U PRO vs GL-MT6000
CPU: 2.0 GHz quad-core (which?) vs MediaTek Quad-core, @2.0GHz
Memory: 1 GB RAM vs DDR4 1GB
Antennas: 2.4GHz 4x4, 5GHz 4x4 vs 4 x 2.4GHz + 5GHz two-in-one (? umm what does this mean) Wi-Fi Antennas
Ethernet Ports: 1 x WAN (2.5G), 1 x LAN (2.5G), 4 x LAN vs 1 x WAN (2.5G), 1 x WAN/LAN (2.5G), 4 x LAN

Please let me know your thoughts on this. I could not find the make of the CPU on Asus router and I didnt understand what 5GHz 2 in 1 antenna mean for GL-MT6000.

If you have some other router recommendation, I am all ears. I am looking for < $250, the best in the current market with 2.5G Ethernet ports and hopefully Wifi 6 or 6E support. Avoiding TP Link because I do not like the idea of subscription and recent privacy issues.

Thanks for any response or for your thoughts!

Did you decide? I personally would like to get the Asus ax6000 but the footprint even given the specs it's so big to hide without being noticed

Did you decide? I personally would like to get the Asus ax6000 but the footprint even given the specs it's so big to hide without being noticed
I ended up with Asus. I have had exactly one issue in the couple of months. The Wifi just stopped working and I had to restart. I was worried about the footprint too but it was just very slightly larger than my age old TP link, so it was not really an issue at my home.