What's new

Force as Master Browser

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

MediaMan09

Regular Contributor
In Merlin 378.55 on the RT-AC68U:

1) Where would I find the setting to enable/disable: "Force as Master Browser"

2) Where would I be able to change the name of the workgroup name to something other than WORKGROUP

In Merlin 378.55 on the RT-AC68U:

1) Where would I find the setting to enable/disable: "Force as Master Browser"

2) Where would I be able to change the name of the workgroup name to something other than WORKGROUP
It's where you enable Samba File Sharing:
  1. USB Application /
  2. Media Services and Servers "Setup the UPnP, iTunes, FTP and Network Place (Samba)" /
  3. Network Place (Samba) Share / Cloud Disk
There you find the settings for Work Group and Force as Master Browser Yes/No!

Great and many thanks. I will give it a shot.

I have been having recent issues where I cant see my other pcs listed under under Network in windows explorer. I can access them via \\ComputerName, but they are not listed like they used to be. Could be a Windows 10 thing. I have Computer Browser off on all pc except one. Works on that one pc only, not the others. So hopefully the issue will all be resolved by having the router as the master brower.

Great and many thanks. I will give it a shot.

I have been having recent issues where I cant see my other pcs listed under under Network in windows explorer. I can access them via \\ComputerName, but they are not listed like they used to be. Could be a Windows 10 thing. I have Computer Browser off on all pc except one. Works on that one pc only, not the others. So hopefully the issue will all be resolved by having the router as the master brower.

Doesn't sound like it would work?

Why have you disabled that on the other pc's? Does enabling it make them work?

What benefit does having it off give you?

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!