What's new

Frequent AC5300 disassociations

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Just wanted to follow up and thank everyone for their replies.

I'll be following all of this advice, trying to determine at each step if that helped (rather than making a whole lot of changes at once). At the moment I'm in the "turn off implicit beamsteering" test for all three radios which was one of the first suggestions that came in. I haven't yet seen drops since I made the change, but I also haven't been on a video call since I did that, so we'll see.

If that doesn't help, I'll get right on the settings reset to default and from there do a closer match to the various best practices guides (I did peek at that earlier and my largely default setup isn't that far off). I haven't done a factory reset already even though my initial setup was pre-384 just because everything until recently had worked great (been following the release train closely—much appreciation for Merlin, his stuff has been solid all throughout). On top of the reset and the guides, I've also got a list of possible things to test including explicit frequency setting and messing with the smart connect stuff. Good to have stuff to try.

Thanks again to everyone!

— dNb

P.S. Part of what I think is tricky about this situation is it is hard to tell what changed between the working and non-working state. Was it the AP firmware upgrades (and/or something ASUS did in their code)? Was it a subtle OSX change? Did the airspace get more crowded? Something else? One thing that hasn't changed has been my settings, hence the head scratching.

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!