What's new

Generating self-signed certificate after changing IP address

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

smasher

Regular Contributor
If I change the router's LAN IP to something like 192.168.2.1, how can I generate an SSL certificate that works?

I see an option for "Additional Certificate SANs", but I can only generate certificates "Issued to : 192.168.1.1".

RT-AC68U

Just enable "Generate a new certificate". The LAN IP address automatically gets used.

Just enable "Generate a new certificate". The LAN IP address automatically gets used.

Not to thread hijack but I’ve done what the OP is asking about but, for the life of me, I can seem to get the cert installed on my computer in such a way that it stops complaining that the cert isn’t trusted.

This is normal behavior, in todays world, you are reluctant to be able to use a self signed cert without an OS complaining somewhere about it. Just know that as long as you know you are using your own self signed cert that matches the one on the router, then you are fine.