What's new

Getting a lot of Abnormal Login HTTP locks - Chrome issue?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

spacemanspiff

Occasional Visitor
Not quite sure what is going on all of sudden, but the last week, most of the times I try to login to my Asus RT-AX86U which is running 3004.388.6_2 I get the HTTP login lock error and have to wait up to 5m to login to my router's admin page.

When I get in, I can see tons of log entries across the last 24 hours showing:

Apr 7 06:26:34 httpd_login_lock: Detect abnormal logins at 5 times. The newest one was from 192.168.1.100 in login lock.

That IP address is definitely my main computer which I tend to leave running 24 hours a day. I can see entries happening in the middle of the night as well. I'm running good AV software and I have checked my process list and I'm pretty confident that I don't have a virus that is pinging the router and causing this issue.

I do have a suspicion that perhaps this is being caused by Chromes new memory saving function? I have been leaving a tab open to the admin page of my router as I have been doing a fair bit of tweaking and tuning of my wifi network and all my IoT devices. I did upgrade my Merlin FW about the same time as I started reconfiguring things.

Just wondering if any other users out there have run into increased occurrences of the login lockout with Chrome's new memory saver feature....or this recent version of Merlin?

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!