What's new

Git repo management

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

joejoejo

Occasional Visitor
Its up for all now, the source code isn't up yet. I need to update my script to monitor that as well.
I do not like to use the terminal in linux to manager the local copy of the git repository as it does not allow you to update the local copy. Is there a git client for Linux that has a GUI that allows you to update to the latest commit.

I do not like to use the terminal in linux to manager the local copy of the git repository as it does not allow you to update the local copy. Is there a git client for Linux that has a GUI that allows you to update to the latest commit.

I do nearly 100% of my development over a SSH terminal. "git update" will update you to the latest copy from the Github repo.

I do nearly 100% of my development over a SSH terminal. "git update" will update you to the latest copy from the Github repo.
OK so what is the full command of "git update" that will update to latest copy. Is it "git update https://github.com/RMerl/asuswrt-merlin.git"

After that is done how do I compile it again do I just use the command "make rt-ac66u" or do I need to do anything else before I use command " make rt-ac66u"

Do you know when the next version of your firmware will be out based on Asus firmware build 2678

Also The only thing I don't like about upgrading to and updating Merlin's builds is that when I do that I have to reset the settings as open VPN server 1 is running and can't be turned off unless you reset the settings other than that like the firmware better is there a way for you to fix that or something

Last edited:
OK so what is the full command of "git update" that will update to latest copy. Is it "git update https://github.com/RMerl/asuswrt-merlin.git"

Just "git update". The repo URL should already be configured if you did a proper git clone to establish your local copy.

After that is done how do I compile it again do I just use the command "make rt-ac66u" or do I need to do anything else before I use command " make rt-ac66u"

It's usually best to do a "make cleankernel clean" before rebuilding the firmware if you are unsure of the impact of the changes you are merging in the previous update.

Do you know when the next version of your firmware will be out based on Asus firmware build 2678

Asus hasn't even released the source code, so it's impossible to know. Heck, the firmware itself has only been available for less than 12 hours. Also, see this post.

Also The only thing I don't like about upgrading to and updating Merlin's builds is that when I do that I have to reset the settings as open VPN server 1 is running and can't be turned off unless you reset the settings other than that like the firmware better is there a way for you to fix that or something

All you have to do is go to the OpenVPN Server page, select the first instance, turn it off, and save your settings. Also, this is only necessary when switching between stock and Asuswrt-Merlin. This is a conflict between the nvram setting used by Asus and mine - that's been documented in a couple of posts already.