What's new

Good Bandwidth Control Router

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Yes, it actually is working. The problem I have right now is that since the rules ask for the specific IP address to throttle, but every time the other users connect, they have dynamic IP address. I have set up a static IP address for myself of 192.168.0.2. When I try putting the IP ranges to throttle from 192.168.0.3 to 192.168.0.254 it gives me an error saying: The ending address cannot be less than start address, please input again.

Last edited:
Is your DHCP range set for that? I think most TP-Link routers seem to default for giving out leases from .2 to .200. Maybe it has something to do with that (IE restriction range is greater than DHCP lease range. It shouldn't have anything to do with that, but maybe)? Other thing I can think of is that it might have some kind of limitation on how many IP ranges can be applied and it is "overflowing" the limitation. It would be pretty boneheaded to have to limit it to less than the entire range if needed, but maybe try setting just a 10 IP address block and see what happens.

Also you can setup static leases for each client (just use what is in the DHCP lease tables and assign each one something static) and then enter in a restriction on each one.

Total pain, but it should still accomplish the same thing.

Ok, was looking at the DHCP settings and the router indeed sets DHCP Ip address from only ranges 192.168.0.100-192.168.0.199. I have set that in the IP Range for bandwidth control, and it worked.

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!